• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit attack, that'll teach him

mashpotato

Young Bun
we gave Peppa a box to play in and she's had great fun tearing it up. my other half Rob touched her while she was in there ad she ran back to her cage. He goes over and starts talking to her, lays down near her like he usually does ( she licks his face) but she attacked:shock: he got up with blood running down his face. He had several claw holes all over his face and one pierced his eye lid and marked his eye, it had a tiny red mark and was all blood shot around it. . i think next time he'll stroke her first to see if shes in a good mood

:shock::shock::shock:

i think id be scarred of my rabbit if they attacked me like that :shock:

if shes not speyed then that will calm her down so much so she wont attack and will become friendlier :shock:

I think it was probably a normal, hormonal related behaviour. I'm presuming she isnt spayed! I wouldn't lie down next to her cage again!

unfortunately she was spayed nearly 2 weeks ago but hopefully it was just a one off.
She had the stitches taken out at the vets and e was quite concerned she'd hit other halfs eye, but it seems to be getting better so don't think she did ne damage.

Back