• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Somebody had opened our rabbit gate

bridget

Alpha Buck
Just had a moment of total and utter panic.

We let Kirk and Daisy out for a couple of hours to run around the garden - it's totally rabbit proof and they have a hole to get out of the shed and then a sealed run while we're at work. However, the end gate to that run has been opened from the inside :( someone has opened it - the wind couldn't blow it open. It has a big lock on it and I just tried to open it myself - it's really stiff.

We'd let Kirk and Daisy out but couldn't find Daisy - hence Brian saw the gate was open :shock:

Luckily she was behind all the conifers but honestly, WHO has done it? I was crying I thought she had gone :(

Why are people always out to ruin things for you? I don't know what to think now... I feel sick :cry:

Oh my goodness, that's horrible!

I'm so glad that your rabbits are safe, that is the sort of thing I dread.

Could you padlock the gate? It won't stop someone who is determined but it may delay or deter them.

Hugs

FC x

I'm so relieved for you that Daisy was found safe and well; you must have got quite a fright when you saw the gate open. :shock:

It was awful and you know as it's so dark as well we're trying to find her and even more difficult as she's an agouti.

She's back in the hutch in the shed now on her snugglesafe munching basil. I couldn't bear it if anything happened to either of them :cry:

But it's the thought someone has been on your property and done this... I feel really uneasy now. Brian is angry - think he is getting padlocks tomorrow...

Back