• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny adoptions let down again!!!!

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
Three times I have attempted to adopt a bunny from various people.
Three times I have been let down aftere corresponding - waiting for weeks, making arrangments. :cry:
I just feel so dispondent
Is my bun not meant to have a mate to snuggle up to?
Or should I not bother about adopting a bun and just go to a pet shop any buy one!!

And you PM'd me saying you wanted a Bun on my website but I dont have a website and the Bun you named isnt one of mine :?

you have been in contact with me about 3 weeks ago and was meant to be changing your set up... i am still awaiting you to change your setup and send me a pm with new pictures.

im always fuddles
I emailed starlights rescue a while ago re two bunnies but was unable to accommodate two as well as my little one, so sent a pm saying that I could only take one, and ideally only looking for one as a mate for mine and I unerstood those two couldntr be seperated

i then emailed about custard who was only 1hr away from me, meialed the owner who was giving him away for 2 weeks, started to preoare then he said he didnt need to give him away yet

i then emailed about anoher bunny on another forum ...as obove

emailed honeybunny re callico who was prefect....after an initial pm...i didnt hear back for a lonmg while until today asking for my address for a homecheck - then tonight got another pm saying found a home neareer - fair enough

emailed jacks jane in mistake for honey bunnya s hadnt heard

emailed amout macy and organising a bunny run as hadnt heard from honey bunny about callico assumed i wasnt suitable, then today got a pm after a week saying macy had found a home nearby sorry for any trouble.

thats the muddles.
all understandable dont get me wrog - just....let down :cry:

I'd get in contact with one Rescue & see it right through to the end - give them a brief description of what you want & wait for homecheck.

Also it's better to ring so they can ge an idea of your setup & what you are after:D

im always fuddles
I emailed starlights rescue a while ago re two bunnies but was unable to accommodate two as well as my little one, so sent a pm saying that I could only take one, and ideally only looking for one as a mate for mine and I unerstood those two couldntr be seperated

i then emailed about custard who was only 1hr away from me, meialed the owner who was giving him away for 2 weeks, started to preoare then he said he didnt need to give him away yet

i then emailed about anoher bunny on another forum ...as obove

emailed honeybunny re callico who was prefect....after an initial pm...i didnt hear back for a lonmg while until today asking for my address for a homecheck - then tonight got another pm saying found a home neareer - fair enough

emailed jacks jane in mistake for honey bunnya s hadnt heard

emailed amout macy and organising a bunny run as hadnt heard from honey bunny about callico assumed i wasnt suitable, then today got a pm after a week saying macy had found a home nearby sorry for any trouble.

thats the muddles.
all understandable dont get me wrog - just....let down :cry:

Whereabouts are you?

If you are seriously interested in a rabbit then I would suggest phoning is a better way to get things moving them sending pm's.

Phone them! I always used to get adoptions organised far quicker with people that called me than those that emailed, especially as phone calls don't get lost in transit!

I think it would be better for all concerned if you stuck to one rescue. I know its hard, as I did the same thing (looking around different rescues) when I was looking for a bun for Charlie.

But this time (For Sophie) I stuck it out with Jill (Honeybunny)

In all honesty I would try and look for a rescue you are happy with nearby and try and make arrangements there. It's always going to be tricky to arrange long distance bunny runs, as it relies on the chance that someone is heading in that direction at the time needed...and it's not really fair to ask people to put themselves out and incur costs if they aren't doing that substantive journey anyway. It sometimes works out, but equally it often doesn't. If it's not somewhere you are able to get to yourself then it's always going to be risky that it won't work out...and of course it's all the more tricky if the bonding doesn't work out!

Whereabouts are you, maybe we can help suggest a rescue near you that you can work with to sort your accommodation in a way they are happy with and they may also be able to help you with the bonding :)

:oops::oops::oops:
Feel very embarrassed now.
And I sincerely apologise to honey bunny.
I was meant yo forward the message I had receievd about the other bunny macy to the person of SOAD who emailed me about her to begin with and said to organise a run - sent it to honeybunny instead then read it back as though she had sent it to me.
Sorry for my rant
I have had a terrible day - full of PMT bad bad week at work, and lots of things that have mounted up.
Im not very good on phone and am always online which is why I always do online.
Im in Southport and am ideally looking for a lop a light brown colour...

I went to the RSPCA which the my nearest rescue but they only had males and not very good on travelling and there are not many rescues near me.

You never told me you could not accomodate them, only that you would, after speaking to me, adjust the accomodations.
Then i heard nothing from you.
If anything, it sounds like the rescues have been let down.

Then I apologise to you too,
I had typed out the PM to you to say that i wasnt sure if I could accommodate two realistically with the set up I was trying to achieve. I hadnt heard back from you, so I thought that either you accepted that and was annoyed and that there was no more advice or that was it.
I only contacted two rescues on here, starlights rescue and honey bunny. And if you hadnt got the Pm then I apologise - but it wasnt intentional that it wasnt sent.
And as for Honeybunny - if ive not offended anyone, and if shes still available - Im still interested in Callico.

Back