• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

61 BUNS. Bunnyrun Saturday 24th Jan

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all.

For all of you who are making arrangements for some of the bunnies to come up from Alice tomorrow and are coming to the Rabbit Expo in Windlesham, please can I ask you to make sure you have made a plan for the handover before tomorrow as no animals are allowed in the hall and there is no parking at the hall so bunnies left in cars will not be an option.

I have offered 'carrier parking' at my home if needs must but obviously not ideal if bunnies are going a long way following the handover.

I haven't been involved in the details of the bunnyrun so I can't assist with the run itself, but should you need the bunnies you are collecting to be kept for an hour or so during the event, please let me know asap as there will be no one at our house during the afternoon therefore no access (unless arranged in advance).

Thanks everyone!!!

Helen

I can offer kitchen and bathroom space for a few hours. I will, however, be at the Expo all afternoon too. x

Thanks Erin but I need the folks who are handing over rabbits to sort this out between them and then if they need help they can let me know. I think that buns will be stressed out from the journey so they need to be in carriers for as little time as possible in a calm environment.

Helen, noted your post. I am liaising with Alice and Jan at the moment to see whether I collect from Gloucester and go straight to ARC tomorrow with the bunnies. It depends on timing and whether ARC will have left for the awareness day. As soon as we can, I will contact you tonight.

I thought about this, too, as most ARC people will be at the expo. And some bunnies will then travel on to Essex. Does anyone know at what time the bunnies will arrive? Might be better if they didn't arrive too early.

Helen, noted your post. I am liaising with Alice and Jan at the moment to see whether I collect from Gloucester and go straight to ARC tomorrow with the bunnies. It depends on timing and whether ARC will have left for the awareness day. As soon as we can, I will contact you tonight.

Thank you Raine. Just didn't want poor bunnies getting to the hall and being told ' you're not on the list so you're not coming in' :lol:

Catch you later.

H

:wave: There are a number of bunnies coming back to Essex with me/Lou after the expo...I guess it would be easier for Raine if they all go to one place and we go to wherever they are and pick them up after the expo? Ideally I don't want to be driving home too late but I'll pretty much go wherever I'm told I need to be at whatever time I need to be there, to collect my fosters :)

Last edited:
:wave: There are a number of bunnies coming back to Essex with me/Lou after the expo...I guess it would be easier for Raine if they all go to one place and we go to wherever they are and pick them up after the expo? Ideally I don't want to be driving home too late but I'll pretty much go wherever I'm told I need to be at whatever time I need to be there, to collect my fosters :)

Are you coming in separate cars or together? How many bunnies are going with you and Louise? Or rather, how many carriers? I might foster one or two bunnies, too, but have not had any instructions from Donna so far. But I could bring my carrier and then come back with Louise and pick Kris's and maybe my bunnies up on the way to me. If they are all in one place somewhere in Twickenham.

Not certain yet - my Audi is still in the garage (they somehow managed to get it through an MOT and then knacker the brakes during the service afterwards!) so it will either be Lou driving us both, or we may both come separately as my other car won't fit us both and the bunnies...so it may be easier for Lou to go 'under' and me to go 'over' the M25. Waiting to hear back from Lou before we decide! Not sure how many bunnies are coming back either, there are 2 coming to mine, plus however many are coming to Kris'. I'm not clear on whether it was 4 including my two or 4 plus my two...so no more than 6 in either case. I will bring carriers for the two I am taking back with me so it's not a problem for them to be transferred to something else for an interim period in the afternoon if Raine has carriers to go back with her.

In summary...I'm not really sure, but I'll just do as I'm told :lol:

:lol: Ok, I'll do the same then.

Your "other car" did not look very practical for transporting bunny carriers. It did impress my boys, though. :lol:

Just to update everyone. The ARC buns will be going direct to ARC tomorrow morning, as agreed with Donna, and I shall be transporting them there after collecting from Gloucester. Lizzie will be driving to the Awareness day with the other bunnies for Alison.

Daisy is quite poorly and I may not be able to go onto the Awareness Day after the bunny run, as I should come home. But at least the 13 bunnies we run will be safe. Well done to Alice and Donna/Jan.

Last edited:
That sounds great Lorraine but I really hope that you might just be able to swing by for 1/2 hour! Really want to meet you and for you to meet our 'M3 Amigos crew', plus our lovely vet.

Helen :D

Lizzie will be driving to the Awareness day with the other bunnies for Alison.

:wave: Thanks Raine - any idea what time she's planning on arriving? Does Lizzie's part include the ones for Starlight that Lou will be taking back to Essex too? I will pm you my mobile number if you are able to pass it on :)

Hope Daisy is ok - and many thanks for your help on this :)

i dont mind holding onto the arc bunnies while everyones at the expo as im not going tomorrow if that helps anyone ? and whoever can pick up from me when they have finished i know it mean kinda going back and forth but the offers there if needs be

Lizzie is bringing Starlights Alison. She is leaving Gloucester I think around 11.00 am and its a couple of hours drive.

Last edited:
Just to update everyone. The ARC buns will be going direct to ARC tomorrow morning, as agreed with Donna, and I shall be transporting them there after collecting from Gloucester. Lizzie will be driving to the Awareness day with the other bunnies for Alison.

Daisy is quite poorly and I may not be able to go onto the Awareness Day after the bunny run, as I should come home. But at least the 13 bunnies we run will be safe. Well done to Alice and Donna/Jan, and good luck to Helen for tomorrow.

Thank you for your help Raine, it is much appreciated.

Lizzie is bringing Starlights Alison. She is leaving Gloucester I think around 11.00 am and its a couple of hours drive.

Thanks Raine - the expo doesn't start until 2 so if she's earlier than that I'm not sure where they'll go. Is there anyone local to the expo who can look after the buns for a while if they arrive early? They won't all fit in my car and Lou is out this evening so I'm not sure what time she's going to be able to arrive and what arrangement might therefore work :?

I'm back...and confused :lol:

Can the buns stay at ARC (or elsewhere) until late afternoon and I pick up from there? I want to have a look round the expo rather than just come to collect the buns :)

Kris is out all weekend, but her mum is in, I told her I'd get to hers 6 ish, if it is much earlier I may have to rearrange....

I Live About 2 Minutes From The Hall.

If Lizzie Is Bringing The Buns Up And She Wants To Leave Some At Our House That Would Be Fine, But The Buns Would Have To Remain In Carriers (dependent On Numbers) As I Don't Have Any Spare Cleaned Out Accommodation. We Could Of Course Provide The Buns With Water Bottles/hay/veg If Required.

I Will Be Back And Forward To The Hall To Set Up From 12.30, But Will Have Some Helpers Here So Someone Could Be Here.

I Would Need To Know In Advance Please If This Is Likely As We're Going To Be Like Headless Chickens In The Morning.

If This Might Be An Option, Please Pm Me And I'll Give You Our Address And Phone Number.

Helen:d

I'm back...and confused :lol:

Can the buns stay at ARC (or elsewhere) until late afternoon and I pick up from there? I want to have a look round the expo rather than just come to collect the buns :)

Kris is out all weekend, but her mum is in, I told her I'd get to hers 6 ish, if it is much earlier I may have to rearrange....

Maybe they could stay with Zoe (areia) and then we can pick them up on the way to me? Will you still have time for a quick cuddle with Luke? And find Penny in the dark garden? :)

Back