• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

covered runs

mich

Young Bun
whats peoples opinions on whats best- a run with a roof or an open one that you can just cover in winter?

I'd say one with a roof as it stops other animals getting in, nevermind the buns getting out hehe. Rabbits are good meals for cats, foxes, dogs, birds of prey etc so having a good solid roof should keep your buns safe :D

I would definately cover all outdoor runs with mesh otherwise you can't be sure they will be safe. I would also cover half of the run with clear corrugated perspex so they can use it in the rain too :)

sorry no I mean do people prefer when the roof is felted or just mesh? I have seen some runs that have a shelter at one end, some with full felted roof and others just mesh. Whats best?

The next time I need to sort out bunny accomodation I would definately go for an avaiary type run with a lid, this would either be attatched to a shed or have a decent sized 6 foot hutch in it. I like the idea of being able to stand up in side it to clean out.

I like the roof to be a solid one, so they can keep dry in the rain and shaded if its hot.

Our Guinea Pigs have one made from corrugated pvc sheeting, it is on a frame and sits over the ususal wire lid of the run, it slopes to let the rain run off but lets the light in. They are in a spot that doesn't get too hot for them in the summer but I can lift it off, just leaving the wire lid, if its sunny and they fancy sunbathing!

I'm with you jrn1310 in planning a walk-in run - I'm too old and round for all that bending at mucking out time and the other mum's at school must wonder why my jeans are always muddy on the knees!:lol:

The next time I need to sort out bunny accomodation I would definately go for an avaiary type run with a lid, this would either be attatched to a shed or have a decent sized 6 foot hutch in it. I like the idea of being able to stand up in side it to clean out.

Same here! :)

i like this idea too the NIC set up i have for my indoor buns is so easy well especialy for carrie an biggles as she will lunge and bite if you just stick you hand, if i climb in shes as good as gold

when i win the lottery i will do an aviry set up as well

i like this idea too the NIC set up i have for my indoor buns is so easy well especialy for carrie an biggles as she will lunge and bite if you just stick you hand, if i climb in shes as good as gold

when i win the lottery i will do an aviry set up as well

Will be doing NIC set ups in our sheds for our piggies when we move :)

Back