• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girls being speyed this morning....U/D they are home

stampz

Warren Scout
Morning all,

My girlfriend is taking Lola and Mimi to the vets on the way to work this morning to be speyed, and I will be picking them up this afternoon.

I am a little nervos about what to do with them when they come home, should I remove all straw from their hutch/litter trays so they cant lie on it?
I have a fleece bed and towels for them, and bowls for food an water....

Aaah so much to worry about.

Any spare vibes lying around?

Update

The girls are now both back here, and looking very tired from their day, lust laying in the travel case still, but I have placed it inside the hutch so hopefully they will come out.

The vet said everything went fine, they now have to go back on 2nd Feb to have stiches removed, just want this to be over now.

I have removed all hay and straw from their hutch so it cant get in the wound, and placed a nice fleece blanket in there for them. Should they still get hay to eat? If so where shall I place this, as I don't want it infected the wound.

The vet also said they do not need painkillers as they have had an injection which will last 24 hours.

Now I am just waiting to them to start eating and drinking...

Last edited:
Update

The girls are now both back here, and looking very tired from their day, lust laying in the travel case still, but I have placed it inside the hutch so hopefully they will come out.

The vet said everything went fine, they now have to go back on 2nd Feb to have stiches removed, just want this to be over now.

I have removed all hay and straw from their hutch so it cant get in the wound, and placed a nice fleece blanket in there for them. Should they still get hay to eat? If so where shall I place this, as I don't want it infected the wound.

The vet also said they do not need painkillers as they have had an injection which will last 24 hours.

Now I am just waiting to them to start eating and drinking...

Great news they are back ok!
Sending eating a pooping vibes!
Yes they should still have hay to eat - do you have a hay-rack you could put some in? Otherwise i'd put some in a basket or a bowl so that they can nibble at it but that keeps it off the floor.

Glad they're home safely.

Fizz was castrated last week so we're still doing the no straw thing - I've been shredding newspaper in our home shredder for him which works well. He pulls his hay out of the hay rack so I have tied a bunch up with a piece of natural string - he seems to like tugging it out and eats more this way. Alternatively what about putting it in an empty tissue box?

I'm sure they will be feeling a bit brighter by the morning. I'll be following their progress as I have a little girl still to be done when she's old enough.

Glad they got through their spay well.
Mine usually eat within about 3-4 hours of coming home - tempt them with all their favourites to get them eating again and def give them some hay to eat/
Have you got them inside in the warm?

Yeah they are inside (they live indoors anyway)

Nice and cosy on a fleece blanket, starting to move around slowly, but no eating eat.

Back