• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding Fee's...

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Just out of interest how much do you pay (or charge if you run a boarding establishment) per pair of rabbits per day and per week?

Round our area there is quite a choice, I know people who charge £7 a night for a 4 x 2 foot double storey hutch. An excellent place a short drive away has 6 x 10 kennels which are half enclosed with the other half as a run area for £9. Then there is £12 for a chalet and a separate 12 x 3 run, this includes CCTV, airconditioning etc.

We paid £5 per night for each pair, and £3 a night for a single bunny.

If you have a lot of buns, it can be cheaper to get a pet sitter to visit your house...that's what I do if I'm going away for a few days (albeit very rarely!)

Last edited:
Round our area there is quite a choice, I know people who charge £7 a night for a 4 x 2 foot double storey hutch. An excellent place a short drive away has 6 x 10 kennels which are half enclosed with the other half as a run area for £9. Then there is £12 for a chalet and a separate 12 x 3 run, this includes CCTV, airconditioning etc.

ohh id be interested to know the names of these bording facilitys as twickenham nt too far from me and iv looked in the past and been worried as didnt know people who had used various boarders to know if any good!! x

If you have a lot of buns, it can be cheaper to get a pet sitter to visit your house...that's what I do if I'm going away for a few days (albeit very rarely!)

Yup - I pay my bunsitter £150 per week. That might sound expensive but she looks after 20ish buns - visiting at least twice a day/sleeping at my house if she can, & empties litter trays every couple of days & does a full sweep out midweek.

She's a vetnurse at my vets & has taken buns to the vets when necessary or if she has the slightest concerns.:love:

You know what we charge Sooz and it's fully inclusive of their food, organic veg and herbs and unlimited hay - cuddles are free :)

They have somewhere to stay but the lovely (silly) people only ask for a donation, so I wanted to know what a reasonable amount was to give them. :)

The place I used last year cost £2.50 a night for a single bun. It's only a 4 x 2 ft hutch though. There are only two bunny boarding places near where I live and they both only have 4 x 2 ft hutches :( I wish there was somewhere near that had bigger hutches.

I used to charge £3 for a single, and£5 for a double.

but ive reluctantly had to put my prices up to £6 & £4 due to increase drastically in our hay and veg prices.

but thats for 6 foots :D

Quite a number of the ones I know which have people running them who are either involved with rescue or who have been in the past charge the same for pairs as they would a single bun.

Back