• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

jane ? what is your opinion about the friendlier sex ?

With 40+ rabbits to look after, what is your experience ?

Are boy rabbits much friendlier than girls ?

My girls have the grumps most of the time, but the boys are like inquisitive puppies

Is it down to the breed ? or the sex ?

With 40+ rabbits to look after, what is your experience ?

Are boy rabbits much friendlier than girls ?

My girls have the grumps most of the time, but the boys are like inquisitive puppies

Is it down to the breed ? or the sex ?

I'd say that Bucks tend to be more affectionate and sociable than Does.
Us women can be so moody !! :lol:

are some breeds much friendlier than others ?

Not sure on that one :?
I have had grumpy lops and friendly lops, grumpy Rexes and friendly Rexes.
Himilayans are usually very people friendly.
Personally I dont think you can beat a REW for friendliness. Everyone I have met has had a fantastic personality and I have never encountered an aggressive REW.

Personally I dont think you can beat a REW for friendliness. Everyone I have met has had a fantastic personality and I have never encountered an aggressive REW.

My Himi girl Izzy is the clamest and nicest out of all my lot, she is so laid back about everything, the vet couldn't believe she just stolled out of the carrier for her vac and her heart wasn't racing and she wasn't panting or anything! :lol:

Pringle is the friendliest, loves attention, cuddles, etc (male)
Sophie is friendly but very grumpy (female)
Patch doesnt really like being picked up or touched (male)
Spot can be very friendly and loves a cuddle (female)
Kizzy is quite happy to be petted and cuddles for hours (male)
Benji hates to be picked up, ocasionally likes a wee stoke (male)
Annie is very friendly and happy to be handles/cuddles etc (female)

Parsley used to hate being picked up but once she was in my arms she was happy :love: bless her wee socks (female).

So to me its a hard one :lol:

Please can i send Ruby down? :shock:

Noo she has been spayed now am sure she will settle *fingers crossed*

As far as Alistair is concerned I would agree. He's sooo friendly - which make it worse when I remember the situation he came from:cry::love:

Suki however - :lol: She's not aggressive - she's a bit nervy cos she can't see a lot, but she's tiny & nestles into Alistair's side when I stroke her. She just tolerates me really:lol:

Hmm thats a good question. I'm not sure. I used to have 8buns (now 7) and it was 4 males to 4 females. All of them were nice but the lickiest have always been girls, only two of my boys lick. And one is a dutch, a breed I've always found to be lovely. Alaskans can be quite grumpy in my experience and chinchillas are lovely too. My eldest girl, Mona is so motherly and licky but she has her grumpy days bit like us hoomin women too :lol::lol:

Actually I would say the other way around. I love my boy bunnies and there have been a few that have been really bonded to me, but on the whole I am closer to my girls (or they're closer to me), but I have always been a girls girl albeit with people or animals :lol:

whats a REW?

My girls regularly wash me but arent big on being stroked whereas Dutchie is a typical boy and just sticks his nose out for nose rubs :roll:

For me I'd say girls.
I've had 3 boys in the past, all at seperate times. One of them was neutered, but he was the most aggressive one. The others werent but still werent very friendly. I have a girl now and shes lovely, very sociable and just loves fuss!

I'd say - there ain't no rules with bunnies!
Some of our friendliest have been boys, some of our most aggressive have been boys,
Some of our friendliest have been girls, some of our most aggressive girls.
Most friendly Dutch, most unfriendly Dutch, same lops, rex's etc...I can think of exceptionally nice and exceptionally not nice in all the breeds we have had, boys and girls x

Back