• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the vets have paddys EC results...

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
said they'd call me 2 HOURS ago and still haven't :roll:

i'm all anxious...if they've not rang by half past i'm gona call them back.

good vibes please?! :?

results show no signs of EC :)

taking him in on Monday with Lily for some checks.

Goodness knows what it could be now :? I thought it was going to be EC and started worrying cos Lily has started to drink a little more than usual but now I'm stumped...hopefuly we'll have some answers soon as they are both still behaving and eating drinking and pooing normally!

Thats great news Chloe!!!

I just hope they can find out what it is now? :? Is he still wobbly??

xXx

he is indeed hun, he cant periscope at all really :?

I am wondering if he may have a middle ear infection :? This can certainly effect the balance mechanisms.
Does his head go to one side when he is asleep ?
Is he maintaining his weight ?
Does he have full 'power' and reflex responses in his hind legs ?

I am wondering if he may have a middle ear infection :? This can certainly effect the balance mechanisms.
Does his head go to one side when he is asleep ?
Is he maintaining his weight ?
Does he have full 'power' and reflex responses in his hind legs ?

his head is slightly tilted yes
his weight is fine, he is if anything a bit podgy:oops: hes a greedy one!
his legs appear fine..is there anyway i can check them better jane? xx

his head is slightly tilted yes
his weight is fine, he is if anything a bit podgy:oops: hes a greedy one!
his legs appear fine..is there anyway i can check them better jane? xx

If its a middle ear infection it often needs a skull Xray to diagnose it as it can be too deep to see using an otoscope alone.

All you are describing points strongly to otitis media (middle ear infection)
I have a Bun (Bernie) who has recurrent problems with the condition and her only symptom is that her head goes to one side (the side of the effected ear) when she is asleep. During a bad attack she also stops jumping up onto her chair as jumping down again makes her feel dizzy.

A long course of Baytril (3-4 weeks) and Metacam has so far resolved the problem. But as I say, she does have relapses. She now has some facial paralysis and a perforated eardrum due to lots of infections during her 8 years of life. Despite all this Bernie has been a happy Bunny. She has Dental problems too so all in all has a lot to cope with

xx

If its a middle ear infection it often needs a skull Xray to diagnose it as it can be too deep to see using an otoscope alone.

All you are describing points strongly to otitis media (middle ear infection)
I have a Bun (Bernie) who has recurrent problems with the condition and her only symptom is that her head goes to one side (the side of the effected ear) when she is asleep. During a bad attack she also stops jumping up onto her chair as jumping down again makes her feel dizzy.

A long course of Baytril (3-4 weeks) and Metacam has so far resolved the problem. But as I say, she does have relapses. She now has some facial paralysis and a perforated eardrum due to lots of infections during her 8 years of life. Despite all this Bernie has been a happy Bunny. She has Dental problems too so all in all has a lot to cope with

xx

that does sound right....he sometimes walks instead of hops aswell. when he looks up his head goes more or less vertical as if its heavy on him?

and he cant stand on his back legs at all unless hes leaning on something.

that does sound right....he sometimes walks instead of hops aswell. when he looks up his head goes more or less vertical as if its heavy on him?

and he cant stand on his back legs at all unless hes leaning on something.

Mention Otitis Media to the Vet.
Vet may suggest a trial of Baytril + Metacam or he/she may want to do a Skull Xray first.

xx

Back