• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need advice please re Bino........

BirdieBun

Wise Old Thumper
She isn't ill........don't worry I know my track record has been awful lately but.............

After losing her long trm pal Poppet in December she is now ridiculously lonely as her and Poppet were so closely bonded. She is thrilled to see me each time I go and visit her and she bangs up the door when I shut it cos she doesn't want to be alone.

But because I had suspected coccidiosis I don't want to try bonding Bessie with her now as I want to leave Binky Bambi and Bessie together as I am just paranoid about that group after what happened.

I can't bond her with Donkey and Orchid which would be the ideal situation as I really didn't want any more bunnies, as all 3 are fesity and I know it woudl be a very rocky relationship as Bino and Orchid used to fight when they were a 3 with Poppet....

So this leaves me with do I keep her single or get her a new husbun......if so how long should I wait as I don't want to risk bringing a bunny in incase it was coccidiosis and I am risking yet another bunny's life?

PLease could you tell me what you would do :wave:

I think I would get Bino a husbun.
Its been a few weeks since you lost wee Bobby :cry: and noBun else has been ill. You have taken every possible precaution re cleaning/disinfecting/steam cleaning the Buns environment and all your at risk Buns have been treated.
I would just not allow anyBun onto grassed areas known to have been contaminated from the coccidia.

Hope you are OK Carys as I know its been a dreadful time for you :cry:

I bet you'd find a Husbun for Bino at Tree's Rescue :D

Okay well.........Del adores the bunnies and would be thrilled to have Bino as a house bunny however a certain 2 foot o/h wouldn't :roll::roll::lol: MEN! Again this would be a great idea.......

Oooooh floods of offers for bunny's thanks everyone :lol::lol::lol: I do love Pikatchu at your rescue Lucy he is :love::love: And I love Chuckie who will be going back into Tree's care very soon :love:

It has been 3 weeks yesterday since I lost Bobby and I have Bambi and Bessie who has visibly lost weight although Bessie could be because she was a rotund barrel when she came back from the police bless her and she is very active now :love:

Would the buns be allowed onto the grass by the summer do you think? :love:

Would the buns be allowed onto the grass by the summer do you think? :love:

Well I am probably being way too cautious but I would want to burn off the grass area and returf it before I'd allow anyBun onto it.
I am not sure if this is essential or just me being OTT, but its what I'd do.

xx

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well..............I hadn't let Bambi & Co onto the grass anyway as they were all being bonded and I didn't want to let them out until I was 100% confident the bond would not break.....................so they have not physically been on the grass...................it is just not possible to dig up and relay all of my garden so I will just let them run on the patio area until summer and then I shall start letting them on the grass I think :oops: Sorry if I sound irresponsible but they need their freedom also :(

Back