• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Acclimatising the new buns

Hi, I am collecting a new buns on saturday morning :D but he is a house bunny and needs to be acclimatised as I am going on holiday in 3 weeks time and he is going to stay with my dad. How do I go about doing this in such a short space of time and without causing him any stress whilst he is getting used to us. Eventually he will be bonding with my other buns but not until I come back from holday and can fully dedicate to him.

will he be staying indoors with your dad or outdoors? if outdoors then i would turn the heating off in the room he currently in for 3-4days. then start letting him go outside during the day for a week or so and in the unheated room at night..... then the 2nd week buy some snuggle safes and move him into a warm hutch with lots and lots of hay nad straw over a foot deep. pop out and see him through out the night checking on his temperature giving him his snuggle safes to keep him as warm as possible and try and cover his hutch with old coats blankets adn a plastic to stop the rain getting through shredded paper is good to for warmth.

ideally as he doesnt have a winter coat your dad should keep him indoors instead.

Buns

He is going to be sat outside for ten days. So I wanna get him sorted as soon as possible, He has a cage for inside and a hutch for out, at the moment he spends days outside and nights in unless its raining outside. He is not with us yet but is coming on saturday, cant wait! :DAm gonna be bonding him eventually with my female but not until i come back

He is going to be sat outside for ten days. So I wanna get him sorted as soon as possible, He has a cage for inside and a hutch for out, at the moment he spends days outside and nights in unless its raining outside. He is not with us yet but is coming on saturday, cant wait! :DAm gonna be bonding him eventually with my female but not until i come back

see what kind of coat he has if already thick then i would leave him out as the temp changes can casue issues. good luck with aclimatising him x

I wouldn't recommend just plonking him outside, he will be far too cold, especially as he was a house bunny.
Wait until Spring to do it. :wave:

Back