• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone Local to me?

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I know theres a few members who are from essex, but is there anyone who could perhaps give my mum a hand?

I dont expect people who are further afield to be able to help but maybe theres someone within 15 mins drive who could help?

Peanut has to have his dressing changed every 2 days, and if he goes to the vet to have it done its £20 a time.. but she said to my mum that she could do it herself every 2 days to avoid extra costs and extra stress.

Thats fine..cept my mum cant do it! shes done todays but its a bit loose as he wont sit still..

I think she just needs an extra pair of hands and tbh my dad's a bit naff!

Anyone about who could spare a few minutes maybe tomorrow or definatly the day after to do his dressing?

thanks! x

as a last resort if she could get him to me he could stay here for a few days if you wanted..obviosuly jelly could come with him. jsut until his bandage didnt need changing any more? i woudl drive half way and meet her but the entire journey is too far. x

as a last resort if she could get him to me he could stay here for a few days if you wanted..obviosuly jelly could come with him. jsut until his bandage didnt need changing any more? i woudl drive half way and meet her but the entire journey is too far. x

how far away are you?

i think its just alot for her to do while im not at home and shes so busy with work, but thats a big ask, he has 4 syringes a day of medicene aswell!

poor little peanut!

im in slough hun. which is a trek.. .i am free today can drive part way but i dont think i can really do the full round trip. not twice...ie to get him here and then to get him back few days later.
as a last resort would do it for you tho!(need to check with tom he shouldnt mind if jsut for a few dyas. x

how about starlights? have you pmd her she may be able to do it and is soooo much closer.

Last edited:
im in slough hun. which is a trek.. .i am free today can drive part way but i dont think i can really do the full round trip. not twice...ie to get him here and then to get him back few days later.
as a last resort would do it for you tho!(need to check with tom he shouldnt mind if jsut for a few dyas. x

how about starlights? have you pmd her she may be able to do it and is soooo much closer.

i spoke to mum and she said its too far really because if he needs the vet he will need to go to ours so its a bit unpractical although the idea is a good one!

Sarah i'd love to say i would do it but i can't drive so can't get there :(

my mums going to try but if she cant do it herself, would you mind if she brought peanut to you for ten mins one evening to help with his dressing?

:) youre not much further than the vets anyway!

x

I would have helped but I think I'm a little too far away. I checked and it's about an hour according to the AA. :(

Just a thought but who usually holds Peanut and who does the dressing? Have they tried doing it the opposite way iysiwm? It's just that I *finally* clipped Alfie's nails last weekend and it worked out much better with dh holding him and me cutting - we tried with me holding him first and it all went wrong.

Yeah i'm sure that would be fine!
I'd love to see Peanut and she can see G&T :D

lol i thought 'gin and tonic' in my head!:shock:

she will probably be fine but just in case she isnt it would save £20 for a vet fee, ill ask her when i speak to her later, where abouts are you?

(i cant garentee he will be good!)

I would have helped but I think I'm a little too far away. I checked and it's about an hour according to the AA. :(

Just a thought but who usually holds Peanut and who does the dressing? Have they tried doing it the opposite way iysiwm? It's just that I *finally* clipped Alfie's nails last weekend and it worked out much better with dh holding him and me cutting - we tried with me holding him first and it all went wrong.

my dads useless at either! he cant hold peanut n keep him calm like mum can, and hes rubbish at doing the dressing!

:roll::lol:

lol i thought 'gin and tonic' in my head!:shock:

she will probably be fine but just in case she isnt it would save £20 for a vet fee, ill ask her when i speak to her later, where abouts are you?

(i cant garentee he will be good!)

Hehehe, yeah alot of people think that :p
That's absolutely fine, we're only 5 minute drive from the vets. If you have gone through Witham you carry on past the vets (to your right) over the round about carry on the road and then you come to a pub, turn left and it's about 1-2 miles down that road, then turn right, then left then right and right and left and you're at my house :p

Hehehe, yeah alot of people think that :p
That's absolutely fine, we're only 5 minute drive from the vets. If you have gone through Witham you carry on past the vets (to your right) over the round about carry on the road and then you come to a pub, turn left and it's about 1-2 miles down that road, then turn right, then left then right and right and left and you're at my house :p

aww cool. well ill speak to her to let he rknow if she cant do it, hopefully you can help!

lol :)

If plans don't work out with Spider I may be able to hlep, at least twice a week because I go down to Chelmsford on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Hi:wave: If you're stuck at the weekend I could help out. Im about 30-40 mins away, I think. I would also be able to learn the route from mine to yours before I bring the buns for boarding next month:D:wave:

Back