• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

High frequency cat scarers...

Toni H

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have one of the above - if so, does it affect their buns?

If it does, are there any ideas out there for keeping cats out of the garden?

Thanks!! :D:wave:

I have heard of them but for me i wouldnt be worth it. I have 6 cats none have ever gone and attacked the cages they just sit and stare. I brought the dad of the bunnies into night for a run around (pened Up) and one ran away and hid. I also have my neighbours cats come in and they just stare as well. I must be lucky.

jane

I have heard of them but for me i wouldnt be worth it. I have 6 cats none have ever gone and attacked the cages they just sit and stare. I brought the dad of the bunnies into night for a run around (pened Up) and one ran away and hid. I also have my neighbours cats come in and they just stare as well. I must be lucky.

jane

Thanks for the reply!

Murray gets a bit edgy sometimes, but mostly we wanted one to help the birds in the garden - but didn't want it to make the buns life a misery! :D

Im not sure if rabbits can hear the noise but as a human who can they are bloody painful!

I wouldnt use them just incase, poor buns would have such a head ache if they did affect them!

Im not sure if rabbits can hear the noise but as a human who can they are bloody painful!

I wouldnt use them just incase, poor buns would have such a head ache if they did affect them!

That was the concern, really didn't like the idea with the buns, just wanted to put some feelers out on here!

Sorry about you being able to hear them - must be horrible. Is it the same with dog whistles for you then?

I have never tried with a dog whistle, my auntie has a cat scarer and I can hear that whenever I go round. I also cant listen to some radios and tv channels cos of the high frequency waves they give out. Its a hard noise to explain but its like a really really high sort of screeching noise.

Back