• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Waiting for Phonecall

Watership_Down

Warren Scout
I dont want to mention what pet shop as i have complained to the head office .
A few weeks ago there was a thread about two bonded 7 year old rabbits. i went to the pet shop and they advised me no way would bonded rabbits be separated.
i went in today and they were in different cages :( My husband (bless him )was so annoyed he went to the manager and said why have you separated two bonded rabbits that have been together for 7 years :(:(
The manager said oh they started fighting as they are probably living in too close proximity. my husband told him that he expected more understanding and that we would make a complaint.
Guys I cant bear it my heart is really breaking when i think of a 7 year bond being broken so they can get rid of them. :(:(
my husbands point was okay even say they did have abit of a dissagreement why wouldnt you keep on the ticket they must still be rehomed together.
Head office said they will look into it and call me back.

Last edited:
I cant stop crying I dont know what to do. Please help me work out what todo.
I dont want to mention what pet shop as i have complained to the head office .
A few weeks ago there was a thread about two bonded 7 year old rabbits. i went to the pet shop and they advised me no way would bonded rabbits be separated.
i went in today and they were in different cages :( My husband (bless him )was so annoyed he went to the manager and said why have you separated two bonded rabbits that have been together for 7 years :(:(
The manager said oh they started fighting as they are probably living in too close proximity. my husband told him that he expected more understanding and that we would make a complaint.
Guys I cant bear it my heart is really breaking when i think of a 7 year bond being broken so they can get rid of them. :(:(
my husbands point was okay even say they did have abit of a dissagreement why wouldnt you keep on the ticket they must still be rehomed together.
Head office said they will look into it and call me back.

aw thats so sad :cry:

I'm sorry to hear that it has made you so unhappy, why not get DH to ring Head Office back tomorrow and find out ? What a sensitive and caring person you are. You could go back in tomorrow and stand there till they give you a proper answer and listen to what you are saying ?

They may have been fighting if they are un-neutered and living in one of those little adoption tanks :( How sad.... obviously I doubt the shop would even know how to rebond them. Hmmmm.... I don't know what to suggest! if it were me I would maybe adopt them and try rehoming? How sad that they have been given up after all of that time :cry:

They may have been fighting if they are un-neutered and living in one of those little adoption tanks :( How sad.... obviously I doubt the shop would even know how to rebond them. Hmmmm.... I don't know what to suggest! if it were me I would maybe adopt them and try rehoming? How sad that they have been given up after all of that time :cry:

Thats my issue we all know how strong a rabbits bond is. Would they bond with my bigwig? Head office are going to call me back tomorrow:?

Thats my issue we all know how strong a rabbits bond is. Would they bond with my bigwig? Head office are going to call me back tomorrow:?

only the rabbits know that! Depends on personalities :)

Maybe if you contact Fife rescue they may be able to help with rehoming if you could foster them?

Why neuter? does it make a big difference to behaviour?

A big difference!! an unneutered bun is more than likely to fight at some point. I was really annoyed when I rehomed two males together last year as babies from a foster litter I had, as I was promised they would be neutered and it's someone I know..... then of course they have never been done...

The reason 'but they get on great'..... in my experience it doesn't last.... they will start fighting at some point.

okay fine i understand but my point is this store already has a bad reputation and we all know single buns are easier to rehome, they have done it in the past.The thought of those two being seperated and ending up god knows where

If i can help let me know. If someone could possibly foster them i could pay for them to be neutered and vaccinated. They shouldn't be rehomed separately, they're 7 years old!! :evil:

We could definately foster them but we are in the process of fixing up ne of the spare rooms at the moment it is stuffed with furniture. if anyone could temp foster for a week or so in the dundee area?
and foofoo the help toward the nueturing would be fantastic as I already have alot of expense with buying a new hutch and bigwigs neutured aswell soon xxx

Ok, I'm able to foster them for a few weeks if need be :) I have permission for the OH but I'm not aloud to keep them.

I've just been to see the rabbits and we are able to take them both but they didn't seem happy about it and the story they're telling about the buns doesn't add up :shock:. They are not neutered. Problem is we can only foster them for a few weeks. Need someone to take them after that. Don't know what to do?!

Yeah they arent the best. Not one has a smile between them. I know the assistant manager and hes had no animal based training whatsoever. They are totally unhelpful. Why werent they happy? Or maybe its just their normal demeanour!

Yeah they arent the best. Not one has a smile between them. I know the assistant manager and hes had no animal based training whatsoever. They are totally unhelpful. Why werent they happy? Or maybe its just their normal demeanour!

Because we want to take them both, neuter them and re bond and they think it can't be done and they are too old to be neutered and no vet will neuter them at their age! They said that the fighting was so bad that there was blood sprayed on the wall and then a minute later my boyfriend asked what their injuries were after the fight and the guy said they had no injuries! Surely if there was blood on the wall one of the rabbits would have been hurt? Just want to get them out of there as asap.

Back