• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Type Of Bunster Is Our Sandy?

CHH

Warren Scout
We got Sandy from the SSPCA Rescue Centre nearby. He was classed as a cross breed. Can anyone tell us what mum and dad might have been? He's a fair size so I wouldn't rule out a bit of Irish Wolf Hound :shock:

We reckon he's about 9 months, slightly older than wee Sooty who is in one of the pics with him...............

P1100002%20(Small).JPG

DSCF4822%20(Small).JPG

DSCF5313%20(Small).JPG

DSCF5217%20(Small).JPG

DSCF5201%20(Small).JPG

DSCF5069%20(Small).JPG

DSCF4918%20(Small).JPG

DSCF4971%20(Small).JPG

DSCF5201%20(Small).JPG

Emrys21stJanuary20092.jpg

Twins? :lol::lol:
He looks almost like my Emrys who is also an x breed and from the same sspca. Emrs is a big boy as well with massive ears and feet. Only their colours differ. The silvery grey on white that Sandy bears has been referred to Isabella markings before.
Emrys' colour is known as Opal and he seems ro have stain in him. *Spider* has a girly bun, Gostie whose colours are similar to Sandy's she might know better than I what he is. I'll look through my breed book though, its pretty extensive. :)

He so handsome, I want him!!!

Just checked me book and I reckon he be be a bit of a Beveren (ears and face) crossed with a Grey Silver (coat colours) and a probably a few other things too, like the wolfhound :lol::lol:

Twins? :lol::lol:

I saw your pic on the other thread and thought the same :lol:

Early last week I was in the pet shop in Morningside that we got Sooty and Sophie from in the summer and they had one of their not so distant cousins. It was the spitting image of Sophie in looks and exactly the same colour as Sooty.

It was spooky :shock:

Jings, crivvens and help ma boab. From what I've found, Beveren rabbits grow up to 11lbs. I wouldn't expect his wee wife Sooty to get much over 4.5lbs :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: Nice to hear a local phrase. I wouldn't worry too much. My Emrys has reached his limit and he weighs 2.7KG, he seems to be long or tall rather than heavy and broad, or maybe its his ears that make him so heavy :lol: Right now Sandy looks quite wee still but I don't think he'll grow to full Beveren size. A silver is relatively small and if I'm right about his mixture then he'll be a medium boy.

Is the Morningside Petshop the one with the nice blonde lady? We had a good chat about bunnies before xmas.

Is the Morningside Petshop the one with the nice blonde lady? We had a good chat about bunnies before xmas.

Yep, opposite the Post Office, just down from Pizza Hut. I'd never been in there before we got Sooty and Sophie but I get most of my stuff there now. She carries much more knowledge than most of the dafties who work in Pets At Home.

I get my litter trays from there as she has the perfect size. She's a nice lady and sources her buns properly.

Back