• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny is grinding his teeth!

Maria786

Warren Scout
Sorry to sound ignorant but what does that mean? I noticed he has started grinding his teeth when I touch him on the head. He hasn't done that before!

If it is proper grinding and makes the sounds similar to us when we grind our teeth then he is in pain.

However, it sounds like your bun is doing a 'tooth purr' which they do when they are really happy and content, so good job!

Could mean a few things :).
Has he had his teeth checked lately? may have long spurs?
Could mean hes in pain somewhere else, rabbits normally grind their teeth when they feel uncomfortable/in pain.
Has his environment changed any? he may be feeling a bit uncomforable with the new change.
Hope you find out the problem soon :)

If it is proper grinding and makes the sounds similar to us when we grind our teeth then he is in pain.

However, it sounds like your bun is doing a 'tooth purr' which they do when they are really happy and content, so good job!

Hehe, omg, really? That sounds great! awww bless his furry big feet! :love:

Could mean a few things :).
Has he had his teeth checked lately? may have long spurs?
Could mean hes in pain somewhere else, rabbits normally grind their teeth when they feel uncomfortable/in pain.
Has his environment changed any? he may be feeling a bit uncomforable with the new change.
Hope you find out the problem soon :)

Oh right, errm well he is recovering from a stomach upset, but I have stopped feeding him veg in large quantities and he seems fine. Infact he has been doing the binkies a lot today. So he has been on a high note today, and this evening when I went to stroke him and talk to him, he started grinding his teeth. I hope he is ok.

If he is only doing it when you stroke him, I am sure he is saying that he loves you and please don't stop :):)

Pain griding is a lot louder normally and he would be doing it in his cage as well not just at cuddle time :)

Back