PDA

View Full Version : My bunny is grinding his teeth!

Maria786
21-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Sorry to sound ignorant but what does that mean? I noticed he has started grinding his teeth when I touch him on the head. He hasn't done that before!

Sky-O
21-01-2009, 05:54 PM
If it is proper grinding and makes the sounds similar to us when we grind our teeth then he is in pain.

However, it sounds like your bun is doing a 'tooth purr' which they do when they are really happy and content, so good job!

Pringle
21-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Could mean a few things :).
Has he had his teeth checked lately? may have long spurs?
Could mean hes in pain somewhere else, rabbits normally grind their teeth when they feel uncomfortable/in pain.
Has his environment changed any? he may be feeling a bit uncomforable with the new change.
Hope you find out the problem soon :)

Maria786
21-01-2009, 05:58 PM
If it is proper grinding and makes the sounds similar to us when we grind our teeth then he is in pain.

However, it sounds like your bun is doing a 'tooth purr' which they do when they are really happy and content, so good job!

Hehe, omg, really? That sounds great! awww bless his furry big feet! :love:

Maria786
21-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Could mean a few things :).
Has he had his teeth checked lately? may have long spurs?
Could mean hes in pain somewhere else, rabbits normally grind their teeth when they feel uncomfortable/in pain.
Has his environment changed any? he may be feeling a bit uncomforable with the new change.
Hope you find out the problem soon :)

Oh right, errm well he is recovering from a stomach upset, but I have stopped feeding him veg in large quantities and he seems fine. Infact he has been doing the binkies a lot today. So he has been on a high note today, and this evening when I went to stroke him and talk to him, he started grinding his teeth. I hope he is ok.

Hugo's There
21-01-2009, 06:02 PM
If he is only doing it when you stroke him, I am sure he is saying that he loves you and please don't stop :):)

Pain griding is a lot louder normally and he would be doing it in his cage as well not just at cuddle time :)