• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 x myxi jabs or 2 x VHD jabs? update it was a Myxi Jab!

It will be on the vet's records which jab was given as a sticker with the batch number is usually put on the vaccination card.

You could try waiting a little longer than 2 weeks to give her body chance to settle with it? I *think* I read that if it's over a longer period of time, it won't do any damage as it's in their system....I think :roll:

Did you see the colour of the liquid in the syringe? I think (after reading on here) that one is white and the other one isn't? its worrying they don't seem to have any record at all :?

Last edited:
Given it's definitely the Vet's fault they don't know:roll: (& presumably it should have been recorded in the notes, on your vaccination card & for them to charge you!), could you suggest they do a stock check to find out!:)

Did they have to mix something up from two bottles before injecting it? I can't remember which way round it is, but at our vets one of the vaccs they have to take liquid out of two bottles (one of which has a red top:oops:). Maybe that will help identify it?

Sorry not to be more use.

Happened to me. My girls had 2 VHDs in two weeks and they were fine. Just meant we had to go back two weeks later to have the myxi.

Thanks for all your replies.

It was so quick, that I didn't get a chance to see. She was in such a hurry to see to the cat that had been run over.

I asked at reception for the record card, but the vet hadn't done one and the receptionist made a note to ask the vet to do one.She did not enter anything on the PC either. No record of the jab whatsoever!

There is no record anywhere. I just hope that the next vet in the room, didn't throw the packaging away - it was after 6.30pm when I left, so nearly closing time.

I also thought it was cheap when I paid, but it's only today, that I have started to re-trace the events.

Buns teeth checked
Taken down for flush
Rushed back again
Jab done
told to get eye drops when I paid.

And out the door

Hello
I have just spoken to the vets and Honey had her Myxi Jab.
Apparently, the vet went back into Honeys file last night and filled out the details.

Does that sound right that she would do the Myxi before the VHD?

Back