• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

thumper is a big boy

jenny s

Mama Doe
well we went for vacs at the vets last night and the vet can now confirm thumper is a big boy bless him

he is booked in to be done on friday so loads of good vibes please send them his way. he is the first pet i have left at the vets so abit worried. i drop him off at 830 and pick him up at 4is if everything is well

he now weighs 4.2 kg at 15 weeks old and holly is 4.3 kgs

well we went for vacs at the vets last night and the vet can now confirm thumper is a big boy bless him

he is booked in to be done on friday so loads of good vibes please send them his way. he is the first pet i have left at the vets so abit worried. i drop him off at 830 and pick him up at 4is if everything is well

he now weighs 4.2 kg at 15 weeks old and holly is 4.3 kgs

Awww bless him! He'll thank you for it once he meets his new wifey in a few months :)

Will be thinking about him on Friday, im sure he'll be fine though :) Will he be indoors for a few days?

When i had Ronnie at 16 weeks he was only 3.3kg :lol: Hes now 6.4kg at 8 months old so yours are gonna be biggggg bunnies!!! :D :D xXx Sending lots of vibes xXx

thanks for the reply becky

im going to keep him in friday night in the kitchen but as he has his winter coat the vet says i should put him back out sat morning.

vet said just to remove all hay as it may scratch and give hima quilt or some thing soft to sleep on.

any advice would be fab:wave:

Hmm... we always keep them in for around 2 days after the op as you'll find he'll only be getting back to his normal self sat morning and if its cold sat, id be worried about him. Does he have a snugglesafe to go back outside with?

Yep no hay/straw or wood shavings on the floor, just use old towels, sheets or a duvet for a week or so :) Will keep your washing machine busy :lol:

Plenty of his favourite veg to tempt him to eat when hes home :) If he has a bottle to drink out of, id also give him a bowl as after the op it seems to help more :)

Your vet does sound good, nice of them to tell you the basics :) Of course youve always got us guys on here if your worried about anything :)

Hope all goes well tomorrow xXx

Back