• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Talk about getting cheated!!!

animal ry

Warren Veteran
we found a farm near us wich sells hay :love: we usha;y get our hay form pampered pets but foudn ti runs out to quick anyway i dident know how big it was dad said it was bigger than what we ushaly get anyway mum brought some today and :shock: its cheaper and bigger!!!:p (not going to be getting the smaller one again!:lol:)

(soz not great pics)

x3hjyh.jpg

2rwnajr.jpg

Ha ha, yeh, when I started buying a bale it was so much cheaper, but the best bit was the bunnies loved it and ate more of it than the more expensive stuff.

That's great. How did you find out about the farm?

dad drove past and saw it advertising hay straw and logs for a few pounds he looked and thought wow :lol: glad he did now hopefully it wont run out as fast
==
i havent given them any of it yet trying to find somewhere to put it:shock::lol::p

wow now that we wont be buying hay at huge prices just for it to run out in 2 days (can save a small fortuned) lol

Last edited:
:DI bought a bale from a local farm and i didnt know how and where to store it so i didnt get it again! lasted me ages and cost £3.50!
Im scared incase it attracts mice and goes moldy or insects get into it (my buns are inside) :? :? :?

Great bargin than the dearer stuff though :D:D

:DI bought a bale from a local farm and i didnt know how and where to store it so i didnt get it again! lasted me ages and cost £3.50!
Im scared incase it attracts mice and goes moldy or insects get into it (my buns are inside) :? :? :?

Great bargin than the dearer stuff though :D:D

:shock:dident think for that although have now got plastic boxes to contain all food and hay just dont think it will be big enough for that :shock::lol:

I would love to buy it as my buns did like it but its storage! I have a garage so could keep in there but how do i keep it, what in?
and what about insects?
Im scared of all creepy crawleys so would they get into it?

I buy hay like that too :) I store it in a huge dustbin in the shed... and as the whole thing doesnt fit in i have to store some in black bags... i just dont tie them :) It seems to keep ok, though i buy one of these about once every 2 weeks :lol:

Its a good bargain :thumb: I pay £2 :) Saves me a small fortune :roll: Though i do still buy the expensive hay for their racks :oops::oops: xXx

I just found the number to a farmer that is selling Hay and Straw. £3.50 was the most expensive he does. When we run out we will be using them, they will also deliver for 50p. I'm so excited about getting fresh Hay!

Is anyone going to share the information about where they get their fresh Hay from, I would be interested too! ;)

we found a farm near us wich sells hay :love: we usha;y get our hay form pampered pets but foudn ti runs out to quick anyway i dident know how big it was dad said it was bigger than what we ushaly get anyway mum brought some today and :shock: its cheaper and bigger!!!:p (not going to be getting the smaller one again!:lol:)

(soz not great pics)

x3hjyh.jpg

2rwnajr.jpg

Whereabouts in Hamsphire? :)

Hi Ryan that looks good, do you know the name of the place where you got it from? :)

no sorry :( dident have a name when we wnet there just said hay:shock:

that animals LOVE IT!!!:love::love::love: they ate all of it never saw them eat hay so fast before :shock::p (farm hay seems to have the edge on the animals) :D

I would love to buy it as my buns did like it but its storage! I have a garage so could keep in there but how do i keep it, what in?
and what about insects?
Im scared of all creepy crawleys so would they get into it?

You could always bring it inside in small batches and freeze it. Let it thaw then feed to them once thawed and dry. I do this for my gerbils so not to bring any beasties onto them

Always makes me laugh when people say hay or straw will attract mice - how will they know its there if they're (the mice) not there already? Do the little mice have radar???:lol:

I get a bale too - I had a horse for 20 years so I'm not used to those pet shop hay bag prices!

My tips:-
Use an old quilt cover to get it home in the car, saves lots of hoovering.
Store it in a shed or garage, if you use a plastic bag make sure its got holes in, you don't want it to sweat and get damp and mouldy.
I share mine with a friend so we get a new bale more regularly thus reducing the risk of it getting damp in our storage.

Always makes me laugh when people say hay or straw will attract mice - how will they know its there if they're (the mice) not there already? Do the little mice have radar???:lol:

I get a bale too - I had a horse for 20 years so I'm not used to those pet shop hay bag prices!

My tips:-
Use an old quilt cover to get it home in the car, saves lots of hoovering.
Store it in a shed or garage, if you use a plastic bag make sure its got holes in, you don't want it to sweat and get damp and mouldy.
I share mine with a friend so we get a new bale more regularly thus reducing the risk of it getting damp in our storage.

Yeh ano hay attracting mice is funny :oops::oops::lol::lol::lol:
Only thing is we live near fields and get mice in our garage a few times a year and seem to enjoy the old newspapers that get kept in there :lol:

I think i will just get it and share with a friend so i can get fresh hay more often and at a cheape price!

Is anyone going to share the information about where they get their fresh Hay from, I would be interested too! ;)

Just ask at your local farm, livery stable or some sellers advertise in Country shops. Maybe your local farm shop sells bales.

Back