• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

special needs piggy needs vibes

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
we,ve had a little female piggy handed in 5 months old who cant seem to use her back legs properly :cry: she,s seen the vet and is on pain relief as on examination she,s very tender, not quite sure why this has happened apparently she was the aggressor:shock: in a group of guinea,s which is why she,s now been handed in, she is such a friendly little soul please can little poppy have some get well vibes:cry:

This happened to one of my pigs as she jump (unexpectedly) from my hand into the run,it was only a couple of inches.
The vet wasn't very optimistic, but she was injected with painkiller and steroids to reduce the inflamation for 3 days in a row and she is fine now. We had another pig into the vets and he had jumped off his ramp and done the same thing, he got the same treatment for 5 days and again was fine. If the steroids hadn't work the next step would have been x-rays to ensure no spinal damage.
So, don't give up hope and I do hope she recovers.

This happened to one of my g.pigs years ago. She jumped out of my hands when i put her in the run. The vet put it down to shock of the fall and said she sould be fine in a few hours and she was thank god!!

Back