• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

will they be ok to go back outside?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
i brought Crystal and Misty inside 2 days ago and have been free range since :oops: the house was cold when i did bring them but the heating has been on since then so you say teh house has been hot and cold on and off for teh passed 2 days anyways i just wondered if it would be ok to put them back outside? or would they feel the cold and get ill/die? i could buy an indoor cage for them until the warmer weather comes in as thsi is my fault for not placing them back outside in the first place just wondering :wave:

I would say no, they've not been inside for too long and the risk of anything happening is very minimal but there is still a risk, if you can keep them in i would :D

They won't have lost their winter coats in 2 days, so if they're fit and healthy rabbits I'd look for a weather forecast showing a few days of mllder weather to put them back out, if that's what you're happy to do.

My BB and Joey were inside for 3 weeks from Xmas (BB recovering from an op), and they went back out on Saturday as it was milder.
They've been fine - in fact when BB was in the garden this morning I've never seen her binky so much - she hated being inside and spent all her time with her nose on the glass door looking outside.

im really scarred to take them back out :oops: i think im going to set up home for them in my kitchen a cage which they have 24/7 access to and have perminant access of the kitchen if that makes sense :? just means my daily jobs are now going to include sweeping the kitchen floor 2/3 times a day :shock:

My three were in for a few weeks when the fox was at its worst. I made sure the heating was off in the rooms they were in and left the window on the latch so it was ever so slightly open but still secure. They have been fine since I put them back out. I would only do that if the house has been cold while they are in though. And make sure it is mild when you put them back out, give them plenty of bedding and a snugglesafe if you have it.

Back