View Full Version : will they be ok to go back outside?

Crystal butterfly
21-01-2009, 01:52 PM
i brought Crystal and Misty inside 2 days ago and have been free range since :oops: the house was cold when i did bring them but the heating has been on since then so you say teh house has been hot and cold on and off for teh passed 2 days anyways i just wondered if it would be ok to put them back outside? or would they feel the cold and get ill/die? i could buy an indoor cage for them until the warmer weather comes in as thsi is my fault for not placing them back outside in the first place just wondering :wave:

21-01-2009, 02:42 PM
If they have been in a warm house then 'No' IMO they cant go outside again til it gets much warmer.


21-01-2009, 02:43 PM
I would say no, they've not been inside for too long and the risk of anything happening is very minimal but there is still a risk, if you can keep them in i would :D

BB Mommy
21-01-2009, 02:51 PM
They won't have lost their winter coats in 2 days, so if they're fit and healthy rabbits I'd look for a weather forecast showing a few days of mllder weather to put them back out, if that's what you're happy to do.

My BB and Joey were inside for 3 weeks from Xmas (BB recovering from an op), and they went back out on Saturday as it was milder.
They've been fine - in fact when BB was in the garden this morning I've never seen her binky so much - she hated being inside and spent all her time with her nose on the glass door looking outside.

Crystal butterfly
21-01-2009, 05:06 PM
im really scarred to take them back out :oops: i think im going to set up home for them in my kitchen a cage which they have 24/7 access to and have perminant access of the kitchen if that makes sense :? just means my daily jobs are now going to include sweeping the kitchen floor 2/3 times a day :shock:

21-01-2009, 06:12 PM
My three were in for a few weeks when the fox was at its worst. I made sure the heating was off in the rooms they were in and left the window on the latch so it was ever so slightly open but still secure. They have been fine since I put them back out. I would only do that if the house has been cold while they are in though. And make sure it is mild when you put them back out, give them plenty of bedding and a snugglesafe if you have it.