• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peanuts!!!

Hi, my buns is very fussy and doesnt like any veg apart from dandelions and curly kale!!! :evil: So I went to the pet shop and bought her a small bag of peanuts and raisins which were in the bunny section. She goes completely mental for them and literally is at the point where she sniffs your hand and sits there until you give them to her!! :love: Surely they cant be too healthy for her she just wont seem to eat anything else. Anyone else have this problem??? :)

Has your bun had her teeth checked? What else does she eat apart from dandelions and curly kale? Does she have unlimited hay?

Peanuts and raisins are pretty much junk food for a bun, so it would be like you having McDonald's, so try to liken it to that. So no, not ideally healthy.

Peanuts

She has them checked a couple of months ago and they said they were fine and she is just fussy and lazy! She has about 3 a day max with her dry food and curly kale. She eats cabbage sometimes if she can be bothered!

Frank is the other way. Loves his veggies, but when I first got him and I was weaning him off Bunny Brunch onto Excel, he'd chuck the squashed peanuts in it out of his bowl and not touch them. Dulcie has always been on Excel, so has never tried peanuts. Not tried them on raisins, but they produce enough 'raisins' of their own out of their fluffy little bottoms. :lol:

Have you tried fresh herbs like parsley, corriander and basil, spring greens or wild rocket? Mine love those, especially the wild rocket which they go bananas for, but mine will eat any veg.

Does she at hay? Hay 24/7 is very important for her to have to wear her teeth down and keep them healthy :)
My two housebuns go mad for a little banana now and again. A few of mine go mad for herbs too, and others turn their noses up!
Funny bunnies! :lol:

Back