• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have your buns chipped?

Do you have your buns microchipped?

• yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • no

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Not yet, but I'm going to.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Bungle is chipped as he is an RSPCA bunny but the others aren't. I might consider it for Nushka who is his outdoor wifey but see no need for the house buns x

Nope... Charlie lives inside so i don't really see the need :D
If he was outdoors I'd get him done though, just coz I've seen a few bunnys round here escape...

I've been considering it for a while. I just wish more places scanned bunnies first though.

It would be good if all places checked bunnies for chips.. Most (if not all) vets have a reader, so I'm surprised that they don't do it routinely.

All my bunnies are chipped especially my house bunnies, if they were to run out the front door (especially now I have Bracken) at least I know I have a small hope of them coming back to me - all my foster bunnies that ever came in, I always always asked the vet to scan them *just incase* I think it will become more and more routine, and by getting my vet so involved, and him seeing just how important it is to me, might make him start to check any other bunnies brought in as standard. I know if I lost one of my bunnies I would have some hope of them coming back, even if the rescue didn't scan them, then maybe their new owner would go to get them chipped (vets always check for a chip before putting one in) and discover that they already had someone missing them!!! I know it's all based on what if's but it's the most I can do to be sure my bunnies will come back to me if anything happens!

Mine aren't at all - they don't have the facility to scan in Barnsley:lol:

And TBH I don't really get the need - my buns are all locked away. If anyone broke in the first bun they come into contact with is Calel. They can just try & steal him:lol:

I had mine done after the police took the rew's, I decided I wanted to make my buns identifiable to me.

Funnily enough, this topic crossed my mind yesterday. I do keep them padlocked in and are only out in the yard when I am, but accidents do happen. Frank escaped one night and it was only because the dog saw him that I even knew he was out. Luckily he came happily running into the yard when I shouted his name and offered him some parsley. That's when I started padlocking them in.

I think I'll get them chipped when they're due for their vaccinations. It's a shame they don't scan them routinely, but hopefully if the worst comes to it you can let the local vets and rescue centres you tell that they are chipped.

No, I've heard some stories of them moving in the rabbit and causing problems for them. I personally don't see a need for mine to be chipped (that's based mainly on the area that I live in).

I got my two done before they went into boarding last year. I was so worried, so it helped me have peace of mind, just in case.

Back