• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi

felix93

New Kit
:wave: I am felix, just want to say Hi to all of you. I was directed by someone on another board as I posted a thread, asking if anyone know where I can rescue or adopt one or 2 rabbits. So here I am. (I know this sounds a bit bad. :oops:)

I have kept rabbits since I was a kid, I only just lost my late rabbit Katiarna a couple of weeks before Christmas due to old age. She was 11 years old and a mini lop.

I think that's about it really. I am still trying to learn my way here, so please bear with me.

Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the link, I will check that out in a mo. TBH, I honestly am not choosy with the choice of rabbits although I like to have something big this time. Used to have Franch Lops and they are house bunnies, it was great as they chased my dogs and cats. :lol: I went to pet shops to check the rabbits out and they are all over priced, I mean for a cross breed Giant rabbit, it is £128. So I gave up looking for them in the pet shops now.

Hello. sorry to hear you lost your old bunny. I hope you enjoy it on here. We are a friendly helpful bunch. :D

:wave: hi glad u found us -its great here for advice etc and everyone always helpful.
sorry bout ur bun

Hi again and thanks for all the welcome.

I PM'd the mod and she gave me some details that I might be able to adopt a couple or even a few rabbits soon. Can't wait. It's just a bit strange without a rabbit in my life even though it's only a month or so since Katiarna crossed the bridge.

So look out, I might have some good news soon. :p

:wave: I am felix, just want to say Hi to all of you. I was directed by someone on another board as I posted a thread, asking if anyone know where I can rescue or adopt one or 2 rabbits. So here I am. (I know this sounds a bit bad. :oops:)

I have kept rabbits since I was a kid, I only just lost my late rabbit Katiarna a couple of weeks before Christmas due to old age. She was 11 years old and a mini lop.

I think that's about it really. I am still trying to learn my way here, so please bear with me.

hi...i do know that my local 'Pets at Home' do adoptions, as before i brought my 2 giant french lops, i saw this lovely rabbit in there and enquired as there was no price on her cage...they told me that she was up for adoption, and that anything that you give go towards charity...i didnt adopt her as i was after a baby rabbit, and she was about a year old...i dont know if all them shops do the same thing, id imagine so...have a look in your local 'Pets at Home' and enquire if you have no luck elsewhere...:)

hi...i do know that my local 'Pets at Home' do adoptions, as before i brought my 2 giant french lops, i saw this lovely rabbit in there and enquired as there was no price on her cage...they told me that she was up for adoption, and that anything that you give go towards charity...i didnt adopt her as i was after a baby rabbit, and she was about a year old...i dont know if all them shops do the same thing, id imagine so...have a look in your local 'Pets at Home' and enquire if you have no luck elsewhere...:)

Yes I went to Pets @ home in Derby and they priced the Giant rabbits (they are crossed ones) for £128.00 and £78.00 depending on the age. They also have an Agora up for adoption, which they asked for £40.00. The price is very high, that's why I asked on the other chat forum and a member told me about this site. There are so many rabbits need to recuse and that's why I decided I wait for the right ones. But thanks.

Yes I went to Pets @ home in Derby and they priced the Giant rabbits (they are crossed ones) for £128.00 and £78.00 depending on the age. They also have an Agora up for adoption, which they asked for £40.00. The price is very high, that's why I asked on the other chat forum and a member told me about this site. There are so many rabbits need to recuse and that's why I decided I wait for the right ones. But thanks.

personally i dont think that is to high...i suppose its down to preference really in how much you are willing to pay...

personally i dont think that is to high...i suppose its down to preference really in how much you are willing to pay...

TBH, I know French Lop breeders do not charge £128.00 for one of their babies, not to mention Pets @ Home in Derby charges £128.00 for a baby giant crossed rabbit. I kept French Lops all my life, might not be an expert but the one in that shop doesn't look like French Lop baby at all. Pets @ home doesn't have a good reputation in the animals field. I'd rather not take that risk.

The one that put up adoption is an Angora rabbit, I only kept one Angora rabbit back in the 90s, and that was very hard work. I have got other pets, so I don't think I am the right person to adopt an Angora. Therefore I have to walk out the shop and asked around.

Back