• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for milly

capel

Warren Veteran

I'm taking her back to the vet tomorrow 9.30 to have her abcess checked. It looks not too bad to me, but i'm not going to tempt fate by being too positive about it...you know what these abcesses are like..you turn your back and they've grown!! Anyway, send some spare vibes along with us tomorrow please:)

Just back from the vet. The abcess looks less inflamed but there is still a small amount of pus. The hole we are having to squeeze it out of is tiny so I'm taking her back tomorrow morning and the vet will enlarge the hole so that it can be properly flushed out as we are worried that the skin is going to heal over and seal the pus in. I'm also worried about her weight as she's still losing weight and I feel she's getting quite bony. Her weight was 4.9 when she was spayed. Last week she was 4.54kg and this morning she's down to 4.45, so the vet is going to do some bood tests as well. She still appears very happy and healthy with a good appetite and normal droppings etc. Just trying to keep my panic down to a dull roar at the moment. Bunnybabe(Sandra) is due round shortly so I'll see what she thinks.

I collected her earlier this afternoon. The vet opened up her pad and had a good furtle around in there she said the area of pus was almost like a "spiral tube" and there was no way we could have successfully squeezed the pus out of the small hole that was there. Anyway she very happy with it now as they were able to give it a good aggressive clean with hibiscrub and then packed it all with manuka honey. She had a local anaesthetic for the procedure and then a meta cam injection afterwards in case it hhurts when the local weras off. She's eating like a trooper at the moment. Just got to wait for the results of the blood tests now. I'll post up a breakdown of the latest costs later if anyone wants to compare notes:)

Aw Hilda so sorry I've only just caught up with this about Milly, hope she is doing a little better - sending her a really big cuddle (coz I know she likes em! :D) & lots & lots of vibes xxxx

Aww, been thinking about Milly all day. It was lovely to meet her and the rest of your troup yesterday. Milly is such a sweetie :love:. I guess her teeth were OK then? I hope the bloods come back OK, how long will you have to wait?

Can you give her a cuddle from me please.

Back