• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Bailey. :( U/D the worst has happened

:cry: Paralized. Wont eat/drink.
Took him to the vets and they wanna PTS unless I can make him pull through. He said he isnt in pain.
I rung Louis's breeder and she said syringe feed some crushed tomato as he is lacking potasium(sp?) :( He wont have it. Been getting up evey hour in the night to try and no luck.
Vibes please :cry:
Poor babes.
x

Last edited:
Sending vibes

Do they know there's no pain? Has bun had any meds??

Have you tried tomato juice - you can syringe feed it

Sending vibes

Do they know there's no pain? Has bun had any meds??

Have you tried tomato juice - you can syringe feed it

I said I did that.
Vet said that needs no meds but if you can keep hi alive over 24 hours theres a 60% change of living. I keep trying :(:cry: I dont wanna loose him.

I said I did that.
Vet said that needs no meds but if you can keep hi alive over 24 hours theres a 60% change of living. I keep trying :(:cry: I dont wanna loose him.

Sorry thought you said crushed tomato which to me is a completely different thing.

Think he needs treating to pull through.

Good luck

Has he been x-rayed in case it's an injury?

Sounds like the breeder thinks it's Floppy Bunny Syndrome...which I think can either be potassium or Vit E deficiency. Your vet should be able to give him with either/both of these.

is this the bunny who did the funny thing with his head??

Sending lots of vibes :( I hope hes not in pain :? Surely an injection of pain relief *might* help :? Maybe hes eating as hes in pain?

I dunno, im not that clued up on this sorta thing... maybe Liz will be along soon :( xXx

I agree it sounds like floppy rabbit syndrome, I haven't had any personal experience of it. I know it is a potassium or vitamin E/ selium deficiency. Potassium can be found in tomatoes and bananas or you can get a suppliment from the vets. Vitamine E or Selenium can be given in capsules.

I would recommend pain relief and to keep bunny warm. It can take several days for recovery to take place.

Thinking of you and Bailey

Why is Bailey not hospitalised :?
I would have thought IV Hartmanns would be the best way to get Potassium into him STAT :?
What about his GI function ? If thats shut down, as often happens in 'FRS' he needs meds for that :?

Sending vibes

xx

I agree it sounds like floppy rabbit syndrome, I haven't had any personal experience of it. I know it is a potassium or vitamin E/ selium deficiency. Potassium can be found in tomatoes and bananas or you can get a suppliment from the vets. Vitamine E or Selenium can be given in capsules.

I would recommend pain relief and to keep bunny warm. It can take several days for recovery to take place.

Thinking of you and Bailey

Thankies :)
He is all snug and warm and with me now.

he has had a syringe full of tomato juice!!

thats progress i think :)
oooooh *gets another one full to see if he can manage another*
i dont wanna bombard his stomache though.

Please get some Vit E down him too (I use the oil filled capsules), I had a FRS bunny who had Selenium deficiency and he has never relapsed after this treatment, previously he was relapsing every two weeks.

He now has to have one capsule a fortnight.

Back