• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not so happy...

AprilLynne

Warren Scout
as i'd just gotten that post finished up, I heard a tustle going on in the playpen... WIlliam and Maxwell were going in circles... i reached in and WIlliam latched onto my thumb and bit down for dear life :cry::cry::cry:

I had to pick up Maxwell, who was shaking and hold him for a while. :( I think he got covered in my blood as i didnt really know it was cut that badly.:oops:

n602455002_1442147_2097.jpg

n602455002_1442129_2352.jpg

I put them in side-by-side cages for the night and tomorrow's workday... I'm so sad though. It makes me cry to see William upset and to see Maxwell scared. :cry::cry: Maxwell is actually trying to get over to William's cage. :( Poor thing... I just wish William would behave!!

Any one have trouble bonding boys and have some advice?

I'm going to sleep... hoping they're feeling better in the morning (and that my thumb isn't disjointed or broken, as it feels...)

I have tried several times to bond my 2 pairs. The two bucks will not tolerate eachther and always end up fighting. I've had to give up on the idea and split the accomodation, as they will end up killing eachother. :roll::(

Your thumb looks really sore. :shock:

Ouch that does look painful :cry:

I've got a pair of neutered bucks. They used to be fine together for a few weeks and then they'd have a big fight. In the end I couldn't put up with the worry of them fighting. I didn't want to keep them seperately as house bunnies because my flat is too small therefore I put them outside in the summer. They get on fine outside so now that's where they live but I do miss having them around all the time :cry:

William and maxwell are both neuterred. They just met on Friday and spent the weekend at the shelter where they played lots, snuggled together, and groomed each other. And it's only the 2nd full day being together at my house - where wiliam's lived as a single house bunny, so I'm hoping that one fight in the beginning isn't a sign that they can't be bonded. They do get on well - grooming and cuddeling, but william is still not used to sharing his territory.

Does anyone have some tips for how to do bonding of neuterred boys?

William and maxwell are both neuterred. They just met on Friday and spent the weekend at the shelter where they played lots, snuggled together, and groomed each other. And it's only the 2nd full day being together at my house - where wiliam's lived as a single house bunny, so I'm hoping that one fight in the beginning isn't a sign that they can't be bonded. They do get on well - grooming and cuddeling, but william is still not used to sharing his territory.

Does anyone have some tips for how to do bonding of neuterred boys?

has the area they are now in been neutralised with white vinegar spray? if not then this could really ehlp you include water bottles adn stuff too and try not to give them too much space to quickly?

has the area they are now in been neutralised with white vinegar spray? if not then this could really ehlp you include water bottles adn stuff too and try not to give them too much space to quickly?

While they were at the shelter together for their initial bonding session for the weekend, I cleaned the whole house and used white vinegar on the cage/playpen. Not on the floor - though I've used it since then to clean up any spraying that landed on the floor.

William's cage/playpen area is quite large - I think there's a photo of it in the other thread I posted. I might close the door between so they can stay the night in the cage portion and not have the playpen area. And wait to let Maxwell have run of the house like William has. Do you think I should avoid letting William out on his usual playtime through the house? He usually spends a good amount of time running + binkying around the house. I let him play for a little bit last night (Maxwell was too afraid of the wood floors to come out even though he wanted to and William tried to get him to come out to play) Maxwell kept watching to see where William was going and I felt bad that Maxwell wasn't able to play, then bad when I put William back in sooner than usual!

Ouch, I was luck with Jazz and Gizmo they just took to eachother... Gizmo will tolorate any bun therfre Jazz is allowed to be the dominant one which is why I cant have a trio because both him and Eclipse are dominant and I think it would be carnage to bond all 3.
Good luck with bonding your 2 :D

I has two boys but they were bonded when I got them. However, they were not neutured and would scrap every now and then so I got them neutured. Every now and again Lars would make a beeline for Kirk and harass him but there was never any biting just chasing and Lars making a general pain in the :censored: of himself. Next think they'd be cuddled up grooming each other :roll:

The best advice I can give re bonding is to do it on neutral ground. Don't put them together in a cage/hutchh that belongs to one of them as such or it doesn't seem to work (or hasn't with me anyway). Put them together in a room they're not usually in and see how they get on. 2 boys are pretty hard to bond as I understanding it. Kirk and Daisy took only a few days to bond but Kirk is a very chilled out lovely little bun. :love:

I hope it works out for you. That is one nasty looking wound :?

Back