• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding two boys...

AprilLynne

Warren Scout
:wave: So far William and Maxwell's bonding has been going well...

They met Friday night and stayed at the rabbit shelter together for 2 nights. When I picked them up they were perfectly loving - grooming each other and cuddling. :D They kept it up for the most part when we came home Sunday afternoon.

Last night was the first night here... There was a little bit of foot stomping from William to show his frustration in sharing his pen :roll: and then William tried humping a few times to show Maxwell who's boss and one ended up with a bit of circling round and me cleaning up some urine smell. But a few hours afterwards, they were sitting together in the hay.

n602455002_1436331_3491.jpg

I had to come down one time in the night when I thought I heard a scuffle... but couldn't find anything to show a chase or fight. Then this morning they were both relaxed - William flopped out on the top shelf and Maxwell laid on his side in the hay. :)

Tonight there were no big incidents, just a bit of humping by William. Maxwell seems to be ok with that and just lets William be a bit bossy... but twice he got upset and I had to clap my hands loudly for them to stop. (luckily that works!) There's no fighting or chasing. But I'm hoping for them to stay buddies all the time and for William to get over the humping!!

William was happy to be let out of his pen and ran out to play in the house... Maxwell was quite nervous. I don't think he's seen wood floors before so he was afraid to walk on them at first. :lol: But William ran round the pen trying to get Maxwell to come out :D

boys will be boys

Just to say hope it goes well. My two mini lops are brothers and started the odd fight at five months, then I had to seperate for 3 weeks. They have been back together for a month and very loving but had a little fight last week so who knows. Sometimes they look so happy together all snuggled then the next day aits all scuffles and chases. Hope they settle eventually.

William's a 10 month old mini lop and Maxwell's a rex, about a year old...

They seem to be getting along, despite the one fight last night.

William really wants to show he's boss though and is still getting used to the idea of sharing his territory.

Any advice on the best way to respond when William tries to hump Maxwell? Should I leave them alone unless they start a fight? Or should I intervene immediately?

William's a 10 month old mini lop and Maxwell's a rex, about a year old...

They seem to be getting along, despite the one fight last night.

William really wants to show he's boss though and is still getting used to the idea of sharing his territory.

Any advice on the best way to respond when William tries to hump Maxwell? Should I leave them alone unless they start a fight? Or should I intervene immediately?

Leave them be, unless you have a serious fight i.e they draw blood or wont let go of each other just leave them to it, they need to figure out whos boss

Back