• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue rabbits - Neddy the Netherland dwarf

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR&SAR

Young Bun
I'm sorry but I can't seem to be able to post this in the homing section :( :( :( (maybe a mod could move it there for me?)

Contact/organisation details: Bristol's Rabbit Rescue
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Yes

Number of animals: 1
Type/Breed/Variety: Netherland dwarf rabbit
Sex: MALE
Age(s): 1.5 - 2 years ish
Name(s): Neddy
Colours: chocolate brown ish
Neutered: unsure
Reason for rehoming: came in to my rescue from South Wales Animal Rescue, now needs a home of his own.
Temperament: friendly lil chap
Medical problems: NONE

Will ad photos tomorrow/tuesday

If interested please PM me or email enquiries@bristolrabbitrescue.co.uk

Many thanks

You need to PM the details to Tamsin or SOAD and be asked to be added as a rescue which gives you access to the rehoming sections.

HTH

Are you an established rescue? I only ask as normally an experienced rescue person would be able to tell if a male rabbit is neutered :?

Are you an established rescue? I only ask as normally an experienced rescue person would be able to tell if a male rabbit is neutered :?

From the website:
4. Pets are adopted "as-is", no guarantees are made regarding health, temperament, spaying, neuturing or vaccinations.

All rabbits are given a check up by our vet when they come into the rescue, We do NOT always vaccinate rabbits as a lot of rabbits we've come across in the past have had very bad reactions and in some cases have had FATAL reactions. We do NOT spay or neuture any rabbits at this present time, but if you wish to have the rabbit you are going to adopt spayed or neutured it is at your cost and must be paid prior to the operation, the rabbit will then stay with us until it has fully recovered unless we state otherwise. You are encouraged to take your new pet to a vet for a check up upon adoption

Last edited:

I took over the rescue around september because my friend who ran it could no longer afford to keep running it, so because I already fostered for her she asked me if I would take it over. I've not actually checked him underneath yet because he's not long been here & I have a fair few years experience :roll: :?

From the website:

Neddy has not been to a vet since coming here as he came from a well established rescue where he had already been checked over!

Also you failed to add
If a rabbit has come to us from another rescue they will not be vet checked as the rescue they came from would of already done this

Last edited:
So they should have known if he was neutered then.

Hmmmm, not neutering or vaccinating? I am out of here before I get myself into trouble :lol:

I am out of here before I get myself into trouble :lol:

Yeah I think thats best!!!!!!:censored::censored::censored:

And it does say

We do NOT always vaccinate rabbits as a lot of rabbits we've come across in the past have had very bad reactions and in some cases have had FATAL reactions.

It doesn't say we don't or we never do

And at the moment we don't have funds to spay or neuter as everything for the rescue currently comes out of my own pocket!

Last edited:
Some of you guys are unbelievable. Anyone who doesn't do things exactly how you want them to gets a treated like **** until they stop coming to this forum anymore.

This thread is about a rabbit, the spanish inquisition is not required.

Yeah I think thats best!!!!!!:censored::censored::censored:

And it does say

It doesn't say we don't or we never do

And at the moment we don't have funds to spay or neuter as everything for the rescue currently comes out of my own pocket!

I pay for all buns to be mxyi vacc and speyed/neutered and i am a student.
If you dont, it doesn't set a good example to the new owners and doesn't prevent the breeding issue/spread of disease.

ETA: this is just my opinion, i am not accusing or trying to start anything :)

I do charge an adoption fee yes, but only if the person adopting the rabbit can afford it at the time. And before you all jump on me for not always charging, I do regular home visits on each rabbit I rehome as I like to see how they are doing in their new homes every month or 2, not that I have to explain my self to you for god sake :roll: :roll: :roll:

I do charge an adoption fee yes, but only if the person adopting the rabbit can afford it at the time. And before you all jump on me for not always charging, I do regular home visits on each rabbit I rehome as I like to see how they are doing in their new homes every month or 2, not that I have to explain my self to you for god sake :roll: :roll: :roll:

What do you mean by if the person can afford it at the time? :?

i think people are being a bit quick to judge

just a few questions these arent intended to offend just to get a few things straight :)

do you homecheck?

would you rehome to someone who wanted to breed from them?

would you breed some of the rabbits yourself? sorry had to ask that as i know a few rescues do

personally i feel rehoming rabbits through this website will be best as you can basically see teh home there going to and they will know about neutering and vaccinations. so i dont feel anyone should jump and chase this member away.

Just out of curiosity, ive always thought "If you can't afford the adoption fee, how can you afford to support the animal financially? I have a terminally ill bun here who has cost me £800, if they can not afford a small fee, how could they afford emergency treatment? It isnt cheap :lol:
Im not trying to argue, i just want to know how you feel on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back