• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hair Regrowth Post Spay

twobunnies&apony

Alpha Buck
Hi

Does hair always regrow post spay? My two does were spayed early November but Grace still has a largely bald and no doubt cold tummy. There is just one patch of hair growing back. Olive seems to be almost completely woolly tummed again.:?

Some take ages to regrow, others are a lot quicker, some are left patchy for a while and some just thinner fur.

Hi

My female rabbit (Pixie) was spayed in December and she has a bald patch too, i was also wondering whether it would grow back as most of the fur around it has grown back apart from this patch. It looks really odd when she is laying down to see a bald tummy.

About a week after Gho spay it was slowly but surely coming through and then VOOM - nothing to be seen :lol:

My Sandy and Sunny were spayed on the 5th March. Sunny regrew hers fully wihtin ten days but Sandy still has baldy bits, but with each moult she seems to grow a bit more. Summer was spayed in September and she is still completely bald, but it will come back. My Dopeys were spayed in November and they have mostly regrow. I guess it just depends on each bun, their fur, how they were shaved, time of year/moulting times. I'm sure your bun won't be a baldy forever though :)

Milly was spayed in November and her tummy is still totally bald apart from one very tufty area down the scar line:)?) It looks like a Brazilian!!:lol::lol: I'll take a pic later :D

Back