• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our newest addition...special needs hamster.

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
Well, we went into PAH to get some Guinea Pig food and ended up taking this little man home!

He was in the rescue section as he had chewed his own foot off when he was younger due to stress and boredom.

So please welcome...

Sir Dudley Limpsalot

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

He has a huge fish tank with loads of things to do. We will need to keep an eye on this little man though as I feel he may be a self harmer :(

Maybe he wont self harm now that he has a new mummy and a massive new house and stuff to do :)
Well done.

Aww! He's gorgeous! :love: Well done for rescuing him.

I had a 3 legged hamster once but she was born like that. The petshop just gave her to me because nobody else wanted her. :( She was the sweetest little thing too, still managed to climb the bars and do her best tarzan impression!! She was either a chinese or russian hamster I think - only very tiny either way. :love:

Don't know if it would help but I put corrugated cardboard in the bottom of her cage to help her get about.

Vic x

Really?! What's your one's story?

As soon as we saw him, we knew he had to come home with us. I couldn't bear the thought of some kid taking him home :(

A lady (who i met in the queue at wollies when it was closing) was talking to her friend about this hamster that had three feet. She had brought Dude :)lol:) for her daughter from pets at home and had then realised that he only had three feet. :( The lady was saying that her daughter was scared of him, so I piped up and said I would have him! :oops: So I collected him that night.
I will post pics soon :love:He is a russian and I *think* he may have chewed his own foot due to bordem or interbreeding? :? Not sure really...

I know Minimallow has a three footed gerbil :wave::wave::wave:

Well hes sort of two and a half lol. He does have front legs but his mother chewed off the "hands" part when he was little. He is the best tunnel digger around though so it certainly doesnt stop him. Neither does it stop him latching on to you with the stumps to have a chomp lol

Back