• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

national rabbit week

Amandabwfc

Warren Scout
my vets are giving free health checks next week, anyones vets done the same? im gonna get them booked in tomorrow

my vets are giving free health checks next week, anyones vets done the same? im gonna get them booked in tomorrow

I work in a vets and have organised this :)

We are giving away free samples of Burgess Excel Pellets and I have contacted a local farm who are going to donate some hay so I can bag it up and give fre samples of that too :)

my vets didnt have anything planned, but I was the one who told about it as they had no clue it was on, so they booked me in for a free check up :D

Our vets always do free health checks during national rabbit week, problem is they are with a nurse and she knows less about bunnies than I do :?

Our vets always do free health checks during national rabbit week, problem is they are with a nurse and she knows less about bunnies than I do :?

Haha! So true. On of our locum vets told me she doesn't see the point in Rabbits and Guinea Pigs!!! :evil: She doesn't work there anymore I must say!!

is there a website i can check see if my vet is doing anything for national rabbit week, or is it best just ringing up and asking?

On of our locum vets told me she doesn't see the point in Rabbits and Guinea Pigs!!!

What on earth does that mean ? Did she see the 'point' in goldish, gerbils, hamsters, cats and budgies ????

What on earth does that mean ? Did she see the 'point' in goldish, gerbils, hamsters, cats and budgies ????

I was so angry by this point that I daren't probe her further.

It did make me wonder why on earth she is a vet. I HATE it when some people joke by saying, "That bunny would taste good in a stew!" Then they laugh at you for getting upset by it but they would never say that about a cat or a dog!!!

Our vet is having a rabbit awarenes evening as well To promote bunny welfare. She said I was welcome to come, but probably wouldn't hear anything I didn't already know :oops: I think I'm flattered!
I'm going to take Pippin in for a free check up, just so we can properly register him at the vet, and get his weight recorded etc. The others have been very recently for their jabs and had a thorough looking over then.

I called Powis & Partner in Stourbridge, they said to call back on Wednesday and they will try and organise free bunny MOT's for anyone, but they havent advertised the fact. :roll: I suppose it's worth being cheeky and asking!

Just had a letter today offering me free health checks. First time they have done it in years so really pleased. Will book them in shortly.

Back