• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It makes me sad

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I was just out a while ago, before it got dark watching my bunnies munch their hay and play with their toys in their big hutches.. I was just thinking about what people have said to me 'its only a rabbit' and it makes me sad when I think some buns are kept in tiny 3ft unclean hutches with nothing to do all day. I was also thinking how much money I have spent in the past week and was thinking about how many buns suffer as their owners dont know what to look out for when their bun is sick, or if they even think about taking their buns to the vets to get their vaccinations etc. I would just like to say thank you to the people on this forum, as without this forum I would be one of those bunny owners who doesnt know what to look out for.

Anyway sorry for the ramblings :oops:

That's a very true post. Unfortunately the only thing that can be done is make people aware of these things. I think the Make Mine Chocolate campaign will be a really good one when its coming up to easter.

Oh they are lovely ramblings and you are right it makes me sad too. I think sometimes you have to shut the outside world out or it really gets to you

It's all true, I read a few books about rabbits when i got mine and none of them said to neuter, or to get vaccs. So even those people who do try to follow it all properly won't get to know as much as they need :(

I know what you mean, without this site i would be hopeless and my buns would prob be unhappy or ill!

When Fudge was ill due to a dental she didnt come to me when i opened her cage and didnt eat any food. I imediately knew there was something wrong but my bf just said "she is prob not hungry or in a bad mood!" i was shocked at him :? and when i said to my mum that she was going to the vet she said "just coz she hasnt eaten for one day doesnt mean she needs the vet to check her, its prob nothing just leave her" :shock:

Well it was infact a spur on her molar that had cut her tounge! Thank god i didnt listen to them :?

I always tell my buns to be grateful for the life they have and tell them that there are loads of bunnies without homes or get abused, beaten and not looked after and some get left alone to die :(:(
(I think im just crazy for telling them though :lol: )
And i sometimes think they understand and thats why they give me kisses :D

I was just out a while ago, before it got dark watching my bunnies munch their hay and play with their toys in their big hutches.. I was just thinking about what people have said to me 'its only a rabbit' and it makes me sad when I think some buns are kept in tiny 3ft unclean hutches with nothing to do all day. I was also thinking how much money I have spent in the past week and was thinking about how many buns suffer as their owners dont know what to look out for when their bun is sick, or if they even think about taking their buns to the vets to get their vaccinations etc. I would just like to say thank you to the people on this forum, as without this forum I would be one of those bunny owners who doesnt know what to look out for.

Anyway sorry for the ramblings :oops:

This is sooooooooooo true. I second that :(

Back