• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binx's eye looks wet

MammaH

Alpha Buck
Just got in from town and Binx's right eye looks like its wet, it doesn't feel damp but it wasn't like that when he was out this morning. He doesn't seem fazed by it but I'm just a bit worried, should I bathe it or something? It won't mean anything bad will it? Like it won't need medical attention :(:?

It could be he got something in it, it could be an infection, it could be something more serious. I personally would start bathing it and seeing if that helps. You can use saline, or cooled boiled water. You could also try flushing it too. I have no idea how that is done properly though.

bring him in and have a look bathe it using warm water and then dry it it could be various things:
myxi(our buns started this way when she had it... she pulled through but check for nodules adn swollen genitals as these are also signs)
conjunctivitus: would need antibiotics such as fucilthalmic or tiacil.
somthing in the eye..check to remove if still in there or if out jsut bath for now.
dental issues: a good rabbit savvy vet will look at al hte teeth and also do a n x ray to chceck tooth roots of inscisors arent casueing trouble
blocked tear duct....would need flushing
a bite under the eye can cause it to look wet too
alternativly an allergie to something.
there may be other possibilitys those are jsut the most commen ones x

im gonna bathe it now, his genitals arent swolen and he doesnt have any nodules that i can see and he seems fine in himself. I pray to god it's not myxi thats my biggest fear :( but he doesnt seem ill. he's been living in my mum's conservatory whilst im at home and hes hopping around now and eating fine, im just hoping maybe he fell asleep near his water bottle n a bits dripped onto him. :roll:
thanks for the advice

Back