• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay From Hungry Horse Sutton

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
ive been thinkin that ill try getting some hay from them. ive read the name on here and to save my having to phone with my phone phobia :oops: i thought id ask here...

is the hay good enough for buns food? how much does it cost? are they open Saturdays and Sundays

thanx :)

I think the hay from there is ok - I had to stop using the one in Earlswood cos it was really, well crappy and I now go to a farm which is just a couple of roads further up and the bales from there are great and cheaper! :D

It's called Mitchells craft center now :D

They do split bales packed into bags, haven't tried it yet but will give it a go next time I go up. I get my Megazorb from there as well.

It can be very mixed , sometimes it is lovely other days not. I have had some nice hay from a farm on Barr Beacon this year otherwise I go to Wolverhampton for it

without leaving the house or picking up the phone :oops: how do you find places that sell bales of hay.. ive tried to find barr beacon farm but google has let me down :( i would have no idea how to get to it unless its the only one at the beacon lol

Thats where I get mine from, the only thing you have to remember is they don't take cards - cash only - think its about £4 a bale and its usually good - pop in for a coffee if you go - I'm only up the road :wave:

PS yes open Sat & Sun

yeah i know beacon road :) we used to take ralph for a run up on the beacon so we passed the school a few times...i used to spot the rabbit droppings :lol::lol: dont remember a farm tho :?

ste said hell take me up either next sat or the week after (suppose i should wait for payday) :lol::lol:.. if not i shall try the sutton place and ill let you know whether to put the kettle on Julia :D

I use the Hungry Horse for sawdust and megazorb and used to buy the hay bales from there but I used it for bedding not food. Sometimes it had lots of manure in it and thick twigs. Then my rabbits got mites from it which yes I know they can get from any hay but anyhow I buy it compacted in a bag from somewhere else now. They are open sat and sun.

Back