• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Home Bargains' Selling 'Large' Rabbit Hutches :o(

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Went into Home Bargains this morning as a friend said they had wicker baskets in at the moment and was appauled to see they had 'Large Rabbit Hutches' in store. Theyre 92cm long :? and i *think* they were 45cm wide :(

I mentioned to a member of staff who was stacking shelves and she said they just put out whats come in :roll: She said it was plenty big enough and if i saw it set up id see the same :roll:

I just walked out the store, didnt buy a think and have now wrote a letter :( Just wondering if anyone else has seen them in their local Home Bargains store? xXx

Forgot to add they were £29.99 :(

just did a conversion as 92cm means nothing to em!! thats 36 inches...which is around 3ft right?
thats way to small to be called large... its ok as a hospital hutch.. or possibly travel cage or a run shelter or an indoor base to keep a litter tray but not shut in.... write a nice letter explaining about how you wouldnt want tehm to get into trouble but due to the new animal welfare act shop owners cna be prosecuted now for hutches too smal lthe recommende drabbit hutch size is a minimum of6 x3x2ft and tehat a g.pig hutch is reccomended 4x2x1ft and that for tortoises(i only say this as i got told this by a local pet shop..but they are for tortoises..yeah right cuz so many people keep those?!) is 4ft too. and therefore needs to only be advertised as a run shelter. x

I was noticing this thread. I just rang up Home bargains and they have a double hutch apparently for £49.99 with the width at 112cm, height 80cm and depth 45cm. Is this ok dimensions for me to have?
Was thinking of getting the home bargain hutch for him for outside when weather is better during the day only. so he can have somewhere safe and sheltered to go if he feels unsecrue. the hutch would be attached also the NIC grids for a large running pen outside.he would then be back inside for night time.
What do you think?

112 cm is still only 3.5 ft but if its just for a run shelter its fine. I have a 4ft x 2ft hutch that I will use in summer as a shelter with a 6ft run attached.

As soon as the bunny is never shut in the hutch then it will be ok.

Well, ive bought the hutch from home bargains. will see what its like when I build it up. But here is a picture of it from the box. Can always return it if I dont like it in the end!:D
PIC_0829.jpg

To be honest i wouldnt even use that as a run shelter ... :?

look how much of the upper floor is actualy a hole for the ladder ..:?

Went into Home Bargains this morning as a friend said they had wicker baskets in at the moment and was appauled to see they had 'Large Rabbit Hutches' in store. Theyre 92cm long :? and i *think* they were 45cm wide :(

I mentioned to a member of staff who was stacking shelves and she said they just put out whats come in :roll: She said it was plenty big enough and if i saw it set up id see the same :roll:

I just walked out the store, didnt buy a think and have now wrote a letter :( Just wondering if anyone else has seen them in their local Home Bargains store? xXx

Forgot to add they were £29.99 :(

:shock::shock::shock::shock:I've never heard of Home Bargains, are they a chain of shops?

They are a chain of shops, and also are under the name of TJ Morris Limited which is the company behind it. they are predominantly based in north and central england, plus a little in wales. Search online, and you will find it.

:shock::shock::shock::shock:I've never heard of Home Bargains, are they a chain of shops?

Dont know if theyre a chain... theres one just opened in Cannock Town Centre. The rabbit hutches are in the window, no doubt all the idiots in Cannock will be out buying them :(

They do a single tier for £29.99 and the one above is aparently the luxuary rabbit home :cry:

I did write a letter, but heard nothing back

They trade as Quality Save aswell, exactly the same shop with the same stock though.

God, that hutch is tiny. 30% of the upper floor space looks to be taken up by the hole for the ramp! My hamster's cage was as wide as that too!

Dont know if theyre a chain... theres one just opened in Cannock Town Centre. The rabbit hutches are in the window, no doubt all the idiots in Cannock will be out buying them :(

They do a single tier for £29.99 and the one above is aparently the luxuary rabbit home :cry:

I did write a letter, but heard nothing back

I feel a protest coming on:shock::lol:

My neighbours have the single story one its got a tiny little hatch for it to get out into the tiny run it has poor thing

they have loads of home bargains back home where i live (cheshire) but never seen any down here (gloucester) must be a northern thing lol :p

i think they are def a northern thing. i'd never seen one when i was living at home in Rugby but since coming up to Manchester they're everywhere.

Theres a couple in Sheffield. And I've seem these hutches. They make me feel sick. Who in teir right mind could but a poor bun in there and even think he or she has enough room??:cry:

Jack x

Back