• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

End of my tether with nawty kitty..

Crystals

Warren Scout
I have 2 buns and 4 cats. My buns are now completely free range in the house.

They have their large pen that I always keep open so they are free to come and go anytime, but my littlest cat keeps on peeing and pooing in thier space which isnt very nice at all as he will do it on thier bed, littertrays etc.

I dont want to shut the buns in at all but do you think I should enclose them for a while to try and get my cat out of this really horrible habit?

I was going to try keeping them in during the day and putting a safety net over the top (the cat jumps over to do his biz) and in the evening let the buns out but close their pen, but leaving the food and drink on the outside.

The other cats wouldnt do this. They are older and I have only recently had him neutered.

Any ideas would really help :)

Thank you

I think this is more cat related than bunny, to be honest, and my cat knowledge is lacking, so this may be of limited help. Sometimes we can think something is clean but the animal still smells it, so maybe he goes to the toilet there because he thinks its ok to and that's his toilet. There must be products around that deep clean things so that cats can't smell their business anymore, and that are safe for buns.

Could you close the door to wherever they roam? Or closing them in with a cover might work, but you would probably have to use it under supervision first incase the cat still jumps on it and then gets in some sort of panic.

Does our cat do his business elsewhere too or is this clearly his toilet?

Yes he is very happy to do his biz outside under my hedge, but im not sure wether its a laziness thing or a winter thing, maybe both!

he hasnt done it for a few days and this morning spotted a huge poo in thier tray :( Of course the buns are none too happy about that!

I agree, I wouldnt want him to get tangled in anything, so will have to be really careful about the net idea.

I do have some spare pen panels that i could fix across the top so its pretty secure and should put him off any attempts at trying to get in.

Still hoping that he will 'get' out of it as he has his plums done last week and maybe as he matures more he will stop this..

Thanks!

Maybe getting a cat litter tray back in the house might help. Its wet and horrible out there recently and my 7 are using the litter tray more. I have to have a litter tray up stairs too because if I don't my oldest cat will wee on jeans. :roll:

Thanks for the advice, yes going back to a litter tray will probabaly sort him out and that is my last resort.

Im very close to my last resort!

I have a HUGE hedge all around the garden and thats always attracted the cats to use that, and he does but its very frustrating when he decideds its too m uch trouble to go out the cat flap!!

Totally understand the jeans thing, he will pee on my daughters school coat at any given oppertunity

naughty Cattus!!! My lot just love to get into my buns bed when they themselves are out of it...they wont get in with the ferrets...wonder why??????:lol::lol:
The buns are indoors at the moment so i must remember to close the cage doors...:oops:

Ha ha yes I can see why they dont want to get in with the ferrets :lol:

hate to name and shame but here is Lenny, the piddle monster....

piddlemonster.jpg

nawty boy

Back