• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hyperactive bunnies

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
Dylan is 8 months old and is soooo hyped up. I've never known another bunny like it. He does laps of the room, climbs all over everything and when he binkys, he does about 5 with crazy mad bolts in between, but it takes him about 2 seconds to do em. He'll stand still for a second then do it again. He's always out of breathe afterwards. He's so fast and crazy I'm worried he's gonna hurt himself.
He's very determined too. If he tries to get round the back of the sofa for example, he'll try and try and try and try and just doesn't give up. He waits for us to drop our guard and he makes a bolt for it.
Do you think he'll grow out of it?? I've never known another bunny like this. Or is it an agouti thing? I know his Mum & Dad. His Mum was a very sweet laid back bunny, but his Dad was a mischevous little horror at times (He was one of my foster bunnies. Ozzy, now lives with Tickles :D) :lol:

Sounds like Lola. She has calmed down a bit since being speyed and sleeps for a good 6 hours during the day under the coffee table, but she is forever into mischief and hell bent on doing what she should not and our home is turning into a fortress to Lola Proof things.

She rips up and down the stairs, under the bed in circles out of back door, round garden, grabs hold of a cat along the way and then comes in panting.

I have to say speying has really calmed her down though.

I wonder how crazy he would have been without the neuter :lol:

My guess is with time and age he will calm down. He may have a more hyperactive personality that he inherited and it is the start of mating season soon (and that still affects fixed rabbits) and also he is still very young. I bet come November time he will have mellowed a bit.

Wookie is a similar age (about a month younger) and NOWHERE near as hyper as him. I love seeing him binky, but I'm scared he's gonna run into something, or land funny or give himself a heart attack as he goes mental. He's always knackered and pants so much afterwards

Charlie isn't always crazy but he has a few moments where he'll just race around like a loon, diving on the bed and then jumping off, doing as many binkys as he can... But he seems to do it less often now, no idea why though :?

Sounds like Lola. She has calmed down a bit since being speyed and sleeps for a good 6 hours during the day under the coffee table, but she is forever into mischief and hell bent on doing what she should not and our home is turning into a fortress to Lola Proof things.

She rips up and down the stairs, under the bed in circles out of back door, round garden, grabs hold of a cat along the way and then comes in panting.

I have to say speying has really calmed her down though.

:shock:

You wouldnt believe how much that made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock:

You wouldnt believe how much that made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nat, the cats come bombing into the room, and Lola is swinging off the end of their tails, the more they run, the more Lola thinks its a game! Id take a video but I am not fast enough!

ozzy is sooooo mellow bekkie lol he does alittle thump thump and stands on his legs but lilly well hypppppppppppperrrrrrrrrrr skitty lol must get piccies

Boris used to be like that too but I think he's grown out of it now..well..almost :roll: :lol: He obviously still has a passion for wallpaper. :shock:

Back