• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWF conference 28th February Nottingham

I think we should all wear rabbit ears!

RWF will give us all a badge anyway but maybe we should wear our RU name too.

Me too I'm going and looking forward to meeting loads of faces from here. (and hearing something interesting at the conference too of course)

I think we are going up the night before. Not sure where yet. My job was getting the tickets, I think Karen is organising the accomodation.

Yes you can, you just have to pay a slightly higher price (about £15 I think...so you might as well join the RWA, get the discounted rate and get the magazines for the year ;) )

Janice - when I was looking the cheapest place was the near-ish travelodge, I also found that it was cheaper to book the hotel direct online without the RWA package 'discount code'. Lou and I are staying at the hotel the night before, we decided we'd rather pay the extra than stay at the travelodge and not have to get up so early :lol:

Last edited:
Yes you can, you just have to pay a slightly higher price (about £15 I think...so you might as well join the RWA, get the discounted rate and get the magazines for the year ;) )

I used to be a member, but had trouble renewing my membership about 4 or 5 years ago, so gave up. I read a friend's copy of Rabbiting On :oops:

Janice - when I was looking the cheapest place was the near-ish travelodge, I also found that it was cheaper to book the hotel direct online without the RWA package 'discount code'. Lou and I are staying at the hotel the night before, we decided we'd rather pay the extra than stay at the travelodge and not have to get up so early :lol:

Does the discout code come with the booking paperwork?

It's on that .pdf document you linked to earlier (in the 'accommodation' section).

When I rang up they told me it was a special package rate and wanted some ridiculous amount of money that was substantially more than the standard twin rate...they said it was because you are allowed to keep the room until 3pm. They may well have changed it now but I had a long chat about it with the booking clerk and she eventually conceded that I would be far better off just booking a standard twin room at their normal rate!

Are you going to call me Santa at the conference? I can reciprocate and call you jrn1310 all day if you like :lol:

I may cancel the hotel booking if she says "both" :lol:

I do actually own a Santa outfit

Back