• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

brook mills

New Kit
well i have a rabbit and i have breed her twice but both of the litters have died at about 6 days i have no explanation they seemed perfectly normail and healthy if you have any reasons please comment thanks :wave:

Can I ask why you are breeding her?

Not all rabbits will make good brooding does, they may reject the kits, not feed them and simply not know what to do. Kindling is very stressful for rabbits, so unless you are breeding for a purpose, i.e to improve the breed standard, then I beg you not to. There are thousands upon thousands of unwanted rabbits born every year :(

There could be numerous reasons why the babies are dying, my only advice, would be stop breeding from her.

:)

Litters of rabbits rarely die, they are frequently due to an inherent problem which to me indicates that this is not a doe suitable for breeding from, for this reason you should not continue to try and breed from this doe.

Unfortunately there is a mismatch in the demand and supply of rabbits which means that there are many rabbits without a home. If you visit any of the rescues in the country there are loads of unwanted babies available who have been abandoned as their owners have not been able to find homes for them. http://www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk/animals.asp?t=1 This is the ARC website which is the small animal rescue I am involved with, we have got lots of young rabbits many we have had since they were tiny :cry:

well i breed ginuea pigs to i love breeding them and some putting them back into the wildlife but she has had litters before and they have been perectly normal and she in 2 years old at the moment :)

but the first time i breed her i wansnt going to breed her again just keep her as a companion but the second time i did not realise she was regnant so it was unexpected:roll:

Puting them back into the wildlife :shock::shock::shock:!! you cant put domestic rabbits into the wild they would not be able to survive :shock:!!!

Your rabbit it not a toy .... :cry: please neuter her and enjoy her for what she is xx

well i breed ginuea pigs to i love breeding them and some putting them back into the wildlife but she has had litters before and they have been perectly normal and she in 2 years old at the moment :)

What do you mean by 'putting them back into the wildlife'?

Putting them back into the wildlife????

You cant do that with a domestic rabbit, it would NOT survive :?

well i have a rabbit and i have breed her twice but both of the litters have died at about 6 days i have no explanation they seemed perfectly normail and healthy if you have any reasons please comment thanks :wave:

Are you a breeder?
Do you know her genetics?
Did she come from a responsible, reputable breeder?

If you are none of these, it's very irresponsible to breed from her.
It may be nice to have little baby bunnies bouncing around but without knowing her genetics, like what's happened to you, the babies can die, or worse be deformed and have a poor quality of life.

I don't want to sound mean but this is a rabbit rescue site where the majority of people on here devote their time saving and rehoming bunnies, not adding to the problem.

Last edited:
For starters, guinea pigs are not native to this country, so putting them into the "wildlife" is incredibly cruel!! And as has been said, there are far more rabbits than there are homes for them already, so breeding for fun is completely irresponsible! If your doe is only 2, and has already had at least 3 litters, I would say, for her sake, stop! Its stressful for them, and its also bad for them to have more than a certain amount of litters!

well i have a big forrest that i own at the back of the house soo i putt theem into ther when they are old enough and i do supply the hay and food and water its not ilke i just shove them into the wild .
and why do you think there are so many unwanted rabbits around these days?

well i have a big forrest that i own at the back of the house soo i putt theem into ther when they are old enough and i do supply the hay and food and water its not ilke i just shove them into the wild .

Because irresponsible people are breeding them. :roll:

You are dumping them into the wild.
You can easily be reported to the RSPCA, you are neglecting them.

How nice of you to provide food for the foxes in your wood :roll: :roll:

There are so many unwanted rabbits around because people breed them irresponsibly :roll:

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

You cant put them into the wild... they will die/get eaten from fox's, birds etc....
Because people breed for fun, or put rabbits together that have accidental litters, their cost on vet bills, children get bored of them etc.......

Instead of breeding why not get involved with rescues and help rabbits who need it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back