• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with podgy bunny

cat_c

New Kit
I have 2 indoor/outdoor rabbits. My female (Toots) is a bit overweight (confirmed by my vet). She has been on diet food for 6 months now, never gets treats apart from veg, always has hay and has a rabbit flap out to the garden where she eats ALOT of grass. She has actually put on a bit weight since she was last weighed 6 months ago. My male rabbit (Leo) is normal weight. What can I do to make her loose weight???

What veg does she have? Some veg like carrot can be quite fattening as well, if you give us an idea of exactly what her diet consists of (what pellets and veg, how many and how often etc, and what type of hay she has) we may be able to suggest some things that may help :)

I would be quite interested in this thread also. We have just got our first bunny, Rhubarb, we got him out of the gazette :oops: and he is overweight also :shock: I would like to know how to help him slowly lose some.

He gets his new run at the end of the month so I just assumed that more exercise would help which he has been getting.

Back