• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Boredom!

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
what does everyone do to try and not let their buns get bored?
I only ask as none of mine seem interested in toys at all. They have loo rolld stuffed with hay which i think they like and boxes with straw and hay in etc, but i really worry that it's not enough and that they sit down all day bored out of their brains!!

Any advice?

Thanks guys :D

Mine are only interested if it's sommat they are no allowed to touch. :lol: Skirting boards/chairs/cushions etc.:lol:

Seriously though - can you give them a digging box or yellow pages? Mine are big on digging & destroying things. Toys only get touched if they contain pellets:lol:

Mine are only interested if it's sommat they are no allowed to touch. :lol: Skirting boards/chairs/cushions etc.:lol:

Seriously though - can you give them a digging box or yellow pages? Mine are big on digging & destroying things. Toys only get touched if they contain pellets:lol:

Same here - if its banned - then its got to be destroyed!

If you have a local greengrocer try and get some wooden veggie boxes from him, mines glad to get rid of them, and I fill them full of paper and toys, loo rolls, egg boxes stuffed with treats. If you cant get one of them, Lola loves her Quality Street tin, I think its the noise it makes when she digs in it.

She loves a willow ball, but they are costly and I prefer to make my own stuff.

Cardboard boxes and shoe boxes always go down well as well, especially if you cut holes in them!

Food can be a good stimulus, like hiding their pellets in things, or giving them a treat ball with the gap only open a tiny bit.

Also, some bunnies like different things, like some like tyo dig, some like to chew wood, some like ball/rolly toys, some like noisey toys and all buns h\ve a short attention span, so maybe try a variety of different types of toys and be prepared to rotate toys round fairly regularly.

Might be a daft question :oops: but what is the best thing to use for a digging box? Cardboard box, plastic box, plant pot? Thanks :wave:

I use big litter tray, but an old baby bath or something like one of those under the bed sotrage boxes can work well too. I just use anything plastic. When buns dig they often mark their territory too so really it needs to be something easily cleanable, or not a problem to throw away and replace regularly.

thanks for replies :)

what do you put in a digging box? I've tried yellow pages etc but am concerned about how much paper gets digested and the same with cardboard boxes...?

Angel in particular will eat cardboard like there's no tomorrow!! :roll::lol:

Back