• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

okay possibly how do I find a rescue buck to be bonded with my Smudge?

happypreso

Alpha Buck
Just a thought, I had with this Smudge/Re-homing. I have a litter of 4 buns of which two will need new homes in around 4wks, so the lady that doesn't have the hutch ready could have one of these bun's.

I have a different lady interested in two buns (she wanted two girls so I am checking if she would take a neutured boy and Smudge who is a girl). If the answer is yes, then how would I find a boy bun and how would I bond them together? (ie how do I find rescues close to me?)

If this does all work out then everyone could be a winner (as far as I can see). I find Smudge a new home (and rescue a bun as well), and the lady with the current hutch problems will still get a bun as well .....

I think the woman would have to contact a rescue direct. I dont think a rescue would give a bun to you, to bond with Smudge, for you to then pass them on to someone else :?

If you have a different lady that wants two buns, could you not just let her have Smudge and another? And then you're sorted?

I know there is this other woman who wanted one (the lady who doesnt have a hutch yet) but there are plenty, a surplus, of bunnies looking for homes, they dont have to be got from you.

Sorry maybe I have all that wrong and havent understood properly what's going on :?

I think the woman would have to contact a rescue direct. I dont think a rescue would give a bun to you, to bond with Smudge, for you to then pass them on to someone else :?

If you have a different lady that wants two buns, could you not just let her have Smudge and another? And then you're sorted?

I know there is this other woman who wanted one (the lady who doesnt have a hutch yet) but there are plenty, a surplus, of bunnies looking for homes, they dont have to be got from you.

Sorry maybe I have all that wrong and havent understood properly what's going on :?

okay could I work with a rescue and the woman (let call her x) to get Smudge a hubby then? (ie pass Smudge on to lady x and when work with her to get another rabbit). I personally don't have any other buns ready to go yet. Bugs & Star (the mum & dad) are staying with me, and the 4 babies are only 3wks so no way am I letting them go just yet! The x lady had put down for 2 of the second litter (3 wks old now) and the hutchless woman (we will call her y) wanted a baby rabbit that was ready to go now.

My problem is that I only have one run at the mo so my set up is as follows:

bugs (the dad) has his own hutch and free run of the garden during the day
Star (the mum) has her hutch with the 2nd litter. The babies are still in the hutch and the mum Star has free run of the garden.
Smudge, my only original baby has her own hutch and during the day is in the run as she fights with mum & dad.

My problem being is that when the 2nd litter are a little older they will get free run of the garden with the mum, so Bugs will go in the run during the day and therefore I will have no run for Smudge. So I need to either get another run or re-home Smudge before the babies get to much bigger.

Does all that make sense?

Just another thought ... if I rehome Smudge to lady x now could I bond her with one of the other babies from the second litter at a later date? getting all confused now!!

Back