• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey is sticking bottom in the air!!

Sorry i have posted something similar in Behaviour too!:oops::oops:

Not having had a girlie before, I just don't know what to expect with females!:oops:

Honey has just (tonight) started to lay down and stick her bottom in the air!

Is this a sign of hormones kicking in and should I be thinking about getting her speyed soon. I think she is about 22 weeks. I assume she is wanting some lovin':)

She also circles my feet and then lays down across my feet as though to say, I need some attention and I want it NOW!!
But when I stop stroking her, she starts thumping! And then flops again for my attention. I think she would have me sat there stroking her all day!!:lol::lol:

Thanks in advance.

My Daisy started doing that she's a bit younger tho 18wks she started to get messy with her toilet habits then she had a phantom pregnancy and built a rather sad looking nest!! It was quote funny watching her scurry around like a possessed thing collecting everything she could find to go into it. I gave her more bedding hay and let her get on with it! I left it a couple of days before clearing away I couldn't leave it any longer coz she built it in the toilet :lol: she's back to normal but I expect I might have another hormone fueled episode before shes spayed!

I would guess she may be in season.

Bunnies don't have seasons :?

My male rabbit does that a lot, we got him checked out and it appears to be a pain response to dental problems. I'm sure its more likely that your bunny is just finding her hormones but thought i would let you know just in case :)

Thay maybe don't have seasons, as such, but the females start to become receptive at this time of year as the daylength starts to increase. We had terrible problems with Bertha at this time of year as she would become all lethargic and go off her food, in hindsight I guess it was due to the fact her hormones were kicking in for mating and she was developing uterine cancer.:(

The unneutered girls would stick thier bums in the air as an invite to the boys, who hadn't a clue as they were neutered.

Thanks Everyone.

I think it may be time for a visit to the vets to see Auntie Billie!!!!:lol::lol:
I do think her hormones have Kicked in!!

Lola sticks her bottom in the air - just before she starts to do a poo on my bed/sofa! She looks at me as if to say - yup, Im gonna poo!

Sounds like she is ready for some lurviiiiiiiiiiiiin!

Back