• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

**Ilovelops**

Alpha Buck
Snowy is moulting at the moment. When you stroke him you have a cloud of white fur floating about around you :lol:
I'm just wondering if it's worth brushing him or something to get rid of the excess fur?
He's only a really tiny bunny (piggie size), so a lot of brushes would be too big for him :?

I use a comb for our bunnies :) They seem to work better than a brush :) George loves being brushed :love:

At the moment one of my foster bunnies are moulting, shes a really fluffy lionhead, so when i go out of a morning and open the hutch door theres just a mass of fur everywhere :lol:

As long as bunny doesnt get stressed by being brushed, i should think a baby brush, or small comb would be ok :) xXx

Ideally you should be brushing bun everyday anyway this helps to build a strong bond between you and bun.
You dont need anything fancy use one of your combs to get loose bits but when you stroke bun your kinda brushing bun anyway.
Its the weather at mo seems buns are constantly moulting. Mine are the same fur everywhere.

I got a set of little brushes from Pets at Home & I normally use the little slicker brush as it seems to be the best at getting loose fur out. A cheaper method is to dampen your fingers and run your hands all over bunny & all the hairs end up on your hand. ;)

Back