• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toothless bunny question

BunMom

Alpha Buck
The newest bunny member of our family is the amazing Baloo:love::love::love: that we adopted from rescue. He has had his incisors removed and I was wondering if having his mouth open was a by product of the surgery. It seems like he rarely closes his mouth all the way. It's cute though. He is soooo special. I'm going to attempt to download a picture. First time for me so we will see how it goes.

100_0513.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic...I'm not as talented as the lot of you are!:oops::lol:

Hmm not sure either but he is gorgeous and so darn cute.
If vet thinks hes ok wouldnt worry. My girl has no front teeth but her mouths shut maybe its just his way! As long as his mouth seems ok when eating etc then your fine.

Our Jess has no incisors and looks just the same, and she's fine, so I assumed it was just because she had no teeth.:)

When were his teeth removed.

I have a toothless bunny and he sits with his mouth open! i think its fine , not had any problems!!

Although he has problem with cleaning his bum and gets poo stuck to his bum everyday :?

Thanks! He is one laid back guy and he eats really well. I luv him:love:

I do wonder how often teeth grow back in after being removed, has anyone had that happen?

Back