• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Bungle please....U/D & pics :o)

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Just got back from the emergency vet and Bungle has a urinery infection :cry:

He's been quiet for a few days and today his poos reduced to gravel size so took him to vet. He had a high temp and his bladder was reduced. He's had a Baytril injection that will see him through until tomorrow evening and then a 4 day course and he's also on metaclop 2 or 3 times a day along with recovery and water to be syringe fed.

He's looking very sorry for himself, but I've moved him and his wifey Nushka into the conservatory to keep them dry and comfortable.

Vibes for my big man please....

Last edited:
Poor Boy :cry:

Has he had any pain relief ?

Sending vibes

xx

No - he hasn't .... how much metacam should I give him Jane? He's nearly 5kg

Edit ...why did the vet not do that??? :?

Edit - he's just had 3 syringes of recovery .... and now he is washing it off his face ..... :oops:

Sending masses of vibes for Bungle, hope he picks up soon, if you need any help just give me a shout

No - he hasn't .... how much metacam should I give him Jane? He's nearly 5kg

Edit ...why did the vet not do that??? :?

Can you call the Vet to ask if its OK to administer Metacam ?
Its just that its a POM so I cant really tell you that you should :?
The maximum 'safe' dose is now considered to be 0.6mg/kg. However many Vets will only prescribe up to 0.3mg/kg.

xx

Can you call the Vet to ask if its OK to administer Metacam ?
Its just that its a POM so I cant really tell you that you should :?
The maximum 'safe' dose is now considered to be 0.6mg/kg. However many Vets will only prescribe up to 0.3mg/kg.

xx

Yeah its an emergency 24hr vet where i took him. I have giving metacam as its so hard to know with the dropper if any went in or too much :?

Back