• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

veggies that don't need to be stored in the fridge

touie

Wise Old Thumper
what veggies don't need to be kept in the fridge? Mine has broken and I won't have another until (hopefully) Wednesday :cry: all my bunnies have at the moment is savoy cabbage and carrots :?

most veggies will keep if not in a fridge, just not as long as fridge kept ones.... my mom has a veg rack thing and never keeps her veg in the fridge i only do because i want to only do one shop a week and i have space :)

I dont keep mine in the fridge, I keep them in a veg basket in a dark cupboard. My fridge is broke and ends up freezing it!

all the other things I had apart from the cabbage turned yellow in a couple of days and had to be thrown away though! :cry:

broccoli will prob keep quite nice and kale too... green cabbage, sweat heart cabbage, cauliflower cant think of any others right now

our fridge broke before christmas and i just kept all her veg in a bag outside!i think it was colder out there than anywhere else!

our fridge broke before christmas and i just kept all her veg in a bag outside!i think it was colder out there than anywhere else!

Yep, that was going to be my suggestion. Even tho it's warmer than it was, it's got to be colder than in the house :D

how about a storage box with a lid outside your house... prob be better than a fridge in this weather :D

I was watching some programme (maybe "Come Dine With Me") and somebody had their celery in water (like a vase) as you would with cut herbs, don't know if it works though.

Back